GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! Lost pics from iPhone after restore from backup

Katie83

Ready to race!
Hey all,

I have quite the quandary...in trying to restore the text/sms thread from my mom that I accidentally deleted off my iPhone 4s, I did a 'restore from backup' in iTunes. I didn't sync or back up the phone prior to ctl-click 'restore from backup'...my most recent backup was from August 8, and in doing so, I have inadvertantly lost several hundred photos I took while I was in London last week...

Is there any way I can get these photos (as well as notes, text messages) back off the iPhone (perhaps they're stored in the unused GB portion of my iPhone?) or am I S.O.L??

Is there any software that can scan my iPhone as a hard drive and copy the missing photos onto my laptop (either for a Mac or PC)?

Please if someone can help me that would be fabulous! I would be willing to pay for software if it will knowingly extract the photo files that should still be on the phone...

Thanks so much in advance guys and gals!

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
did you by chance back anything up to the Cloud?

Katie83

Ready to race!
iTunes generally makes a back up. Before it restores from another one. Pictures should be in that.

Even if it doesn't say step 2 backing up? Mine didn't appear to back anything up before I clicked 'restore from backup'.

Also, all my notes are gone from that period and a few other things...is there any way to get it all exactly back the way it was before I did the restore??

melancholygypsy

Bring out the Gimp
Car(s)
2008 GTI
ya if you have no recent backup your screwed