GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
If you look at an MK7, go with 2016 or newer. It has the MIB2 infotainment and supports Apple Car Play and Android Auto. One of the only regrets I have was going 2015 because of that.

That is good to know. I would not have known that. I really like android auto.

Hope you feel better bro!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Huh, I didn't realize the 3.6 4mo was still an option. What the heck is a passat GT?

It's not....the NMS Passat (2012+) that's built in Chattanooga, TN has had the 3.6 V6 as an option since 2012 & thru 2018, dropped in 2019.
It was only paired with a DSG trans (awesome combo) and FWD only though -- I've had 3 of them.

The (V6) GT was a package, for 2018 only, that lost some features/options to gain the GTI/racer boy looks (a dress up package)

It's not a bad car for the price though of ~$30k, but could definitely be bought for less since it's the end of the model year.
The 3.6 is reliable, the DSG pairing is heaven IMO, and then you had the 6 year, 72k bumper to bumper warranty on the 2018's to boot.
It's a very solid & sorted option IMO

The OEM LED head lights and tail lights are pretty sweet too. The mods are just limited for that car though (suspension/intake/exhaust).

My (old) 2017 V6 with a Borla cat back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PrlwLsEd0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quQV4ah7znM

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
It's not....the NMS Passat (2012+) that's built in Chattanooga, TN has had the 3.6 V6 as an option since 2012 & thru 2018, dropped in 2019.
It was only paired with a DSG trans (awesome combo) and FWD only though -- I've had 3 of them.

The (V6) GT was a package, for 2018 only, that lost some features/options to gain the GTI/racer boy looks (a dress up package)

It's not a bad car for the price though of ~$30k, but could definitely be bought for less since it's the end of the model year.
The 3.6 is reliable, the DSG pairing is heaven IMO, and then you had the 6 year, 72k bumper to bumper warranty on the 2018's to boot.
It's a very solid & sorted option IMO

The OEM LED head lights and tail lights are pretty sweet too. The mods are just limited for that car though (suspension/intake/exhaust).

My (old) 2017 V6 with a Borla cat back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PrlwLsEd0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quQV4ah7znM

Hey! Cool to still see you around man! Thats all great info because I couldn't make any sense of which model is which. Your car sounds sick, I miss that vr growl in my life.

I loved my 3.6 4mo. I thought the drivetrain was great. The rest of the car though was boring as all hell. Mine was shitty though (my own fault) because it was a 3.6 4mo komfort. POS. Had the shitty leatherette, no fogs, entry trim radio, and it was the wrong color. I wanted shadow blue and ended up being blue graphite pearl. Learned a good lesson on that one, never buy it unless its exactly what you want. I thought meh, it could work?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That was my old one...I'm now back in a Tiguan (my 4th one)....I can't learn my lesson and keep going back, if you can't tell :rolleyes:

The B6 Passat was definitely a little nicer than the B7/NMS though, BUT the GT is a good car for the money especially with that warranty (if you need the room).
The 2017 SE w/Tech I had was by far the best/most optioned one I had though, and with the intake/Borla exhaust...I really did love that one the most

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
That was my old one...I'm now back in a Tiguan (my 4th one)....I can't learn my lesson and keep going back, if you can't tell :rolleyes:

The B6 Passat was definitely a little nicer than the B7/NMS though, BUT the GT is a good car for the money especially with that warranty (if you need the room).
The 2017 SE w/Tech I had was by far the best/most optioned one I had though, and with the intake/Borla exhaust...I really did love that one the most

Do you work for VW? Maybe at a dealership?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I had no idea. I thought you had a MKIV last I heard.

Still sweet bmw. The zhp is supercharged right?

I haven't had a MK4 for years lol, the MK4 was replaced by my Subaru, which was replaced by my Tacoma, replaced the Tacoma with a MKV GTI, got rid of it for the bimmer. And no, unfortunately it isn't supercharged, just a regular 3.0L straight 6. It does get different cams, higher rev limit, and a different exhaust than a standard 330, as well as a 6 speed (vs. the 5 speed in the standard car) and a whole bunch of other upgrades.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I haven't had a MK4 for years lol, the MK4 was replaced by my Subaru, which was replaced by my Tacoma, replaced the Tacoma with a MKV GTI, got rid of it for the bimmer. And no, unfortunately it isn't supercharged, just a regular 3.0L straight 6. It does get different cams, higher rev limit, and a different exhaust than a standard 330, as well as a 6 speed (vs. the 5 speed in the standard car) and a whole bunch of other upgrades.

Thats whats up. Im way out of the loop then. Supercharged would scare me away. Its like an M3 with out the headache then. Which is cool. And no car payment, which is even cooler.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Do you work for VW? Maybe at a dealership?

No, lol

Just a VW nut....it all started with my ('09) MK5 GTI and then spiraled out of control....I'm on my 13th new VW since '08

I just can't get away from this platform (facepalm)

Ironically, I just sold a part off here to a random local guy and low & behold (what are the odds) he had just bought a MK5 GTI. It turned out is was my old GTI....that was the best one I had

Last edited:

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
No, lol

Just a VW nut....it all started with my ('09) MK5 GTI and then spiraled out of control....I'm on my 13th new VW since '08

I just can't get away from this platform (facepalm)

Ironically, I just sold a part off here to a random local guy and low & behold (what are the odds) he had just bought a MK5 GTI. It turned out is was my old GTI....that was the best one I had

That's cool. I can't bring myself to get rid of my MKV, we've been through too much together. I think I would cry if I saw someone else driving it.

also, 13 VW's in 10 years? That's insane dude.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Also, I'm back spending money on my cars again.

Also also I am bored at work.

also also also Max - if you could get my order out from DAP today that would be great - I'd like to install them on Friday <3