GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR SPORT SHOCK ABSORBER KIT

Pudding

Passed Driver's Ed
I ran the RacingLine damper/spring kit for a while. Great ride comfort on daily commutes, but due to the progressive springs, unpredictable handling on the limit. It's too soft when driving hard. I regularly suffered from front arch tyre fouling with stock wheels and no spacers.

The one and only time I suffered massive understeer problems on mid corner bumps, was with this kit. This is exactly the problem with progressive springs and poorly matched dampers. Your arse will be bitten when you least expect it. Linear springs are far more predictable and consistent. I'm not sure if the OEM springs would work better, worth a try, but the Racingline dampers are certainly nothing special. They are resprayed 3rd party dampers, cheap Konis I think as the paint was orange on mine underneath the black blow over, where it was chipped during shipping.

I upgraded to Ohlins Road & Track and never looked back. Absolutely epic suspension. So good in fact, I've backed out the Stage 2+ mods and running standard power with Ohlins and Eibach sway bars. Way more fun that straight line power.

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
@pudding what is the part number for the springs?

At least in the US market, Racingline and Driver Gear springs are the only linear springs that I know of.