GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Sweet bmw Max. Is it a DD replacement or something?

No fun Eric. Hope you got paid for the travel time at least. I'd rather be flying than turning wrenches.

Sorry you're sick bro!

Don't go see your inlaws. They're no fun.

All caught up now, guess we will see you in a couple of weeks.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
damn straight.

Hey, your Oz Superturismos you had, did you buy those new or secondhand?

I bought them from Sam an og, S4mtek on here after he totaled his MKV. I ended up trading them to Cody for a BNIB w/m set up, that is still BNIB like 5+ years later. I'm not even 100% sure where it is. Mine were the GT's, but I really like the LM's better these days. They have the drop center. Small detail I know but changes the whole look.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I bought them from Sam an og, S4mtek on here after he totaled his MKV. I ended up trading them to Cody for a BNIB w/m set up, that is still BNIB like 5+ years later. I'm not even 100% sure where it is. Mine were the GT's, but I really like the LM's better these days. They have the drop center. Small detail I know but changes the whole look.

I remember Sam, what ever happened to that guy?

I think this spring I'm going to buy a set. I agree the LMs look beetter than the GTs

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I remember Sam, what ever happened to that guy?

I think this spring I'm going to buy a set. I agree the LMs look beetter than the GTs

Ha, the same thing that happens to us all eventually to ruin our lives. He had a kid. Bought a big ass pick up truck, and god I hope quit traveling 300 days a year.

I'm not on FB or any social media so I really lost touch with everyone. I was just in St Louis earlier this week and couldn't get up with Dave because I didn't have his number.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Was helping the parents car shop past couple weekends looking for small SUV's. Went straight to VW first to check out the new tiguans. That damn start stop feature made me feel like it was going to break down on the test drive, and the seats might as well been made from cinder block. Ended up with a sportage SX-T instead.

I need a new car. I bought a little Chevy Colorado to use for work, but I want something with all the bells and whistles too. Bluetooth, and back up cams and all that fancy shit. A Mk7 would be sweet but damn VW scares me.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Was helping the parents car shop past couple weekends looking for small SUV's. Went straight to VW first to check out the new tiguans. That damn start stop feature made me feel like it was going to break down on the test drive, and the seats might as well been made from cinder block. Ended up with a sportage SX-T instead.

I need a new car. I bought a little Chevy Colorado to use for work, but I want something with all the bells and whistles too. Bluetooth, and back up cams and all that fancy shit. A Mk7 would be sweet but damn VW scares me.

I only have 30k on my MK7 but from the forums, I haven't seen a "cam follower" type of issue. Just do it man.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Jeffs exploded at 60k because of a stuck injector or something.

I need to do it. I deserve to do it. Every car I've had over the past 11 years has been a 2006. 2006 GTI, 2006 Passat, 2006 Audi A3, 2006 Volvo xc90. I need like a 2015 or newer something.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I need to do it. I deserve to do it. Every car I've had over the past 11 years has been a 2006. 2006 GTI, 2006 Passat, 2006 Audi A3, 2006 Volvo xc90. I need like a 2015 or newer something.

If you look at an MK7, go with 2016 or newer. It has the MIB2 infotainment and supports Apple Car Play and Android Auto. One of the only regrets I have was going 2015 because of that.