GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Why is it so hard to find a job where people actually pay you

Because 'Merica! :)

I'm actually in a good spot right now. I've found a company that pays well, has good benefits, and actually appreciates the work I'm doing.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I hate it when sellers try to say they manufacture a part when they’re really just ripping off another company and reselling. From the rotor thread ECS posted:

Our V4 Rotors are designed to have a double disc ground, taper free finish - this prevents run out through guaranteed parallelism and accurate disc thickness variation (DTV). This process prevents the finish from being directional, facilitating a more effective pad and rotor break in period, along with smooth, silent stopping power for the life of the rotors.

Then this is from the Centric site:

“Double disc ground, taper-free finish ensures parallelism & virtually eliminates run out & any disc thickness variation (DTV) issues, produces a non-directional finish for improved rotor / pad break-in and provides quieter and smoother stops”

http://www.centricparts.com/products/centric-premium-brake-rotors

It’s like they “tried” not to plagiarize but couldn’t put a little extra effort in

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I hate it when sellers try to say they manufacture a part when they’re really just ripping off another company and reselling. From the rotor thread ECS posted:

Our V4 Rotors are designed to have a double disc ground, taper free finish - this prevents run out through guaranteed parallelism and accurate disc thickness variation (DTV). This process prevents the finish from being directional, facilitating a more effective pad and rotor break in period, along with smooth, silent stopping power for the life of the rotors.

“Double disc ground, taper-free finish ensures parallelism & virtually eliminates run out & any disc thickness variation (DTV) issues, produces a non-directional finish for improved rotor / pad break-in and provides quieter and smoother stops”

It’s like they “tried” not to plagiarize but couldn’t put a little extra effort in

$163.58/pair on Rock Auto, $216.50 on ECS. Almost $53 for branding

MKVADR

GTI Lady
Car(s)
MKV
Didn't we learn how to not do this in school? >_>

$163.58/pair on Rock Auto, $216.50 on ECS. Almost $53 for branding

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Centric makes most everyone's rotors, not surprising to me.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Sooooo....all of the photobucket links in my build thread work again...did PB finally get the hint?

I did recently get an email from them about their plans changing somehow, but I didn't dive too far into it since I've made the migration to imgur.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
yeah, got most of a new fence built. All charred cedar, used a propane blowtorch to burn it. old crappy iron one in the background is what it replaced