GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BEWARE!!: Fitzgerald VW Annapolis

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
Today I went into the dealer to drop my car off for warranty work on my AC. Took my stuff outta my car checked-in and i was gone. Came back to pick the car up the AC wasnt fixed which is somewhat understandable they had the car for about 4-5 hours. I was waiting to get my car because it was still in the shop, then i see my car going out and the tech and some other random guy in my car going to drive it outta the dealership... i was like WTF??! wait for them to get back they try and tell me they wanted to see if the AC would work if they had the vehicle moving.... i thought this was complete BS. Tell the service advisor its ridiculous to take my car out to drive to see if the AC would work, id rather you tell me this is going to happen then just see it going out with someone...

After this i tell them ill just come back next saturday to finish up the work on the AC... I leave and am going to get some food.. I adjust my vents and the adjuster peice just falls off, obviously it was already broken and they just put it there to look like it was fine... I was pretty pissed after this... Go back no one is there but one tech, he was cool about it said he would order it for me and have it here by saturday.

Then i leave there again.... go eat and then go home... I notice that i am missing my watch, a Tissot watch. Look through my house but knowing that the last place i had it was my car, then check the car, everywhere.... Not there.

So moral of the story they do not take care of their customers at all.... And if you leave anything in your car they will take it. My car was obviously gone thru, things were moved that shouldnt have been moved.... I do not recommend them to anyone, unless your there to physically watch them do your maintenance. :mad0259:

That sucks, but you should NEVER leave anything of value in your car. It has nothing to do with the dealership, but more the character/integrity of the person (porter, mechanic, service writer, etc..) moving your car from one place to another.

The dealership can't babysit all of their employees, so some precautions should be taken before leaving your car for service. Most dealerships I've been to actually have signs up that say they aren't responsible if something turns up missing.

importrepairguy

Head Breast Examiner
Sorry to hear this. I would be the first person to recommend Fitzgerald for sales of their new DUB, but I cannot speak for any service work. I can tell you their Parts dept is on the ball and over the years has always set a high standard to me. But as the previous person mentioned, dont blame the dealership for what ONE individual may have done. Bitch & complain enough and they will make sure your takin care of. Good Luck.

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
yeah it already been taken care of on their end... switched techs to cesar, now my AC is great and got a free oil change

KeVmO

Ready to race!
bump for later my car is currently at fitzgerald vw getting the A/C fixxed/replaced under warrenty... with the help of scott and asked if cesar can do the work.. not sure if that will happen though...

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
bump for later my car is currently at fitzgerald vw getting the A/C fixxed/replaced under warrenty... with the help of scott and asked if cesar can do the work.. not sure if that will happen though...

yeah this post is when they had another person work on it and fucked up... now that person is no longer with them...