GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender Flares

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
My whole car is quite rigid and stiff.
Having extra sidewall is the ONE redeeming quality to my ride quality.
I had a set of 18x8 Ultraleggeras when I first got the car and whenever I switched back to my OEM Denvers s it felt soooo much better (and that was on OEM suspension!).

MRMAFFIOSO

About to do the same man, picked up a hunker mk5 gti as a daily, slowly putting it together. I just have to figure out how to manipulate the rears as I am a 4door, I'll make it work somehow. Kudos to you sir I hope they turn out well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
There are many 5x114.3 options for RPF1's. I'll probably end up redrilling 18x8 or 8.5 RPF1's some day.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I might be changing direction on my fender flares. Found the last one of these out there and definitely a more refined solution to going wider. Would end up being around $2.5k after install so not a cheap alternative (needs repaint, lots of custom body work, etc).

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251791059836

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I would like to occasionally take the MKV to the track, so double duty, but mainly DD.
I plan on keeping this car for a long time and will be investing some money into refreshing the motor seeing as the car now has 170k on it.

The car already has 90mm studs, and I feel comfortable using spacers as big as 20mm.
Ive been using studs for ~6 years now without issues and running spacers of varying sizes for ~4 years without issues (other than hub centric and non hub centric in combination with my wheel hub spacers, but I can have always have a custom METAL set made)

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Fender flares are getting installed next week!!!
Got a shop (same shop that cut out the rust on my miata frame rails and welded in some steel plates) that is willing to chop up and re-weld the rear quarter panel for me then she is off to paint!
Im thinking I will respray the inside of the fenders with 3M Rubberized undercaoting once all the work is done. I used several cans to coat the underbody of my miata and I really like the stuff.

Gotta get this bish ready to be my DD for the winter.
Once the flares are done then its off to get the timing chain tensioner fixed.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
This looks pretty cool. It is RPF01 (with SBC finish) 18x9.5 with 265/35 tires. If I did flares that is how I would like mine to come out.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Hells yeah, thats exactly what I want, cept I reeeeeealy want to keep 17" wheels
I might finally cave in and go 18" tho if I have to, its so hard to find 5x112 17x9+ ESPECIALLY in low offset (without having to go custom/3piece/$2k+).

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI