GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

6spd DSG for dummies - Funny's unofficial guide

gokartgti

Garage Pics Updated
a left field q's. on the + paddle below it has off written. Anyone have a idea as to whether this "off" function does anything. thanks

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
a left field q's. on the + paddle below it has off written. Anyone have a idea as to whether this "off" function does anything. thanks
you use that to turn off manual mode whilst in "D" i.e. when in "D" you decide to use the paddles and want to revert back to full auto, you press and hold the +/off paddle to switch "off" manual mode

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI
If you manual override while in drive "D".. holding the + for 2 seconds will return it to "D" mode (quicker than if you'd just left it alone).

gokartgti

Garage Pics Updated
many thanks for the info.

rocklah

!!!duplaticus!!!
Car(s)
08 GTI
Don't have access to a ross tech vag com so I dropped the GTI off at VW pasadena this morning. I explained that my car was experiencing jerky shifts and feeling like it would almost stall when driving at very low rpms. I mentioned the dsg recalibration of basic settings and they denied that there was such a procedure and that they cant be responsible for doing procedures that are not vw of america approved. Anyone in Socal with a Vag.com wanna help a brotha out!

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Don't have access to a ross tech vag com so I dropped the GTI off at VW pasadena this morning. I explained that my car was experiencing jerky shifts and feeling like it would almost stall when driving at very low rpms. I mentioned the dsg recalibration of basic settings and they denied that there was such a procedure and that they cant be responsible for doing procedures that are not vw of america approved. Anyone in Socal with a Vag.com wanna help a brotha out!

what are your mods? did you have them scan DTCs?

the problem may be something else.

rocklah

!!!duplaticus!!!
Car(s)
08 GTI
My mods are a injen air intake, noise pipe delete, thats it for performance. Other than that everything else is cosmetic. I did not ask them to scan DTC but my car is not that bad i do not have any issues in reverse and while in manual mode problems are are fairly non existent. This only really happens in D at low rpms the tranny hesitates when engaging the clutch packs and it lurches and bucks like it is going to stall. I honestly think a DSG recalibration using a vag will problably solve my problemo's. Just got to bite the bullet and purchase a vag com

Luninox

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh man.... : (
What ever happened to this

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
My mods are a injen air intake, noise pipe delete, thats it for performance. Other than that everything else is cosmetic. I did not ask them to scan DTC but my car is not that bad i do not have any issues in reverse and while in manual mode problems are are fairly non existent. This only really happens in D at low rpms the tranny hesitates when engaging the clutch packs and it lurches and bucks like it is going to stall. I honestly think a DSG recalibration using a vag will problably solve my problemo's. Just got to bite the bullet and purchase a vag com

thought there'd be enough people in california with vag to help?

njr1

GTI = Fun
Car(s)
GTI Fahrenheit
Thanks NIce Thread! lets see if resetting the values helps... my ride will randomly have clunky shifts from 2nd to 3rd.

Hi Guys,

Excellent write up funny (concise, easy to read and understand). If I may humbly add for the purpose of guys running DSG on the PD140: LC can be achieved by:

- Left foot fully depressing brake pedal.
- Switch off ESP
- Shift gear to 'S'
- Fully depress the accelerator with right foot
- revs limit at 2000rpm
- when ready, leave foot brake and keep planting the throttle

Some variations that i found with my gearbox:
- if i attempt the above sequence in 'D' then the car sits down (wants to lurch forward) as described by funny and limits at 1500rpm i.e. (im assuming no LC in this mode).
- if i attempt the above sequence in 'shifting/tiptronic mode' then the exact same behaviour is diplayed as with 'S mode' i.e. revs limit at 2000rpm.

Thanks.