GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ErBall's Thunderbunny Build log

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
jeez, the updates since sowo last year are great! Can't wait to see it this year. I'm really happy most of us are doing great things to our cars!

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Still should be enough for 400whp out of the gate. With the 5th injector and hopefully LNF injectors I'm thinking 500whp should be doable. I'd be happy with 500whp.

613B6

Ready to race!
Still should be enough for 400whp out of the gate. With the 5th injector and hopefully LNF injectors I'm thinking 500whp should be doable. I'd be happy with 500whp.

Tapp was able to knock out 500awhp with opel injectors, TTRS lpfp and a single 1000cc injector with BM+. Nice build, GL with it.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
As Eurocars so tactfully pointed out, it's time for an update.

I've been hard at work on the car all winter/spring, but it's been slow going with my job. I'm out of town almost every Monday-Friday for work. But all the same a ton of progress has been made the car will more than likely be driving soon.

The engine is back in the car:

Once it was back in we ran into a few problems that needed sorting out. Each time a new problem arose, new parts were needed, and another week delay occurred.

Once we got the engine in place we realised how tight the downpipe would need to be to clear the shift cables, the trans housing, and the tunnel for the exhaust. Well I bought a supposedly "tight radius downpipe" from ATP turbo, which turned out to be not nearly tight enough. So Eurocars and I ended up making one. All vibrant 3" stainless, Vibrant centering vbands, and a Vibrant ultra-quiet resonator. Coupled with my existing Magnaflow catback this should sound pretty good. This is the end result.

We also found the oil outlet for the turbo to be too low to utilize the stock return. Ended up welding a -10 bung straight to the oil pan.

I'm still working on charge pipes, but hopefully will have them finished by this weekend. With any real luck I'll be driving the car this coming weekend.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Clean-looking install of everything in the engine bay. Nice work!

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Well I didn't get it up and running before I had to leave town for two weeks. I literally have everything needed at this point to get it going as soon as I get back however.

A quick little update.
I got the downpipe TIG'd. The guy didn't do a phenominal job, but it's better looking than we could have done with a MIG.

I got the turbo outlet pipe finished, It's been bead rolled since this pic: