GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Selling to the Dealer..

Jack-E-Son

Ready to race!
hey.. as the title states. i want to sell my car to the dealer.

What do i need to bring besides all the paperwork?

Hypothetically speaking if my car is worth $15,500.. how much of that $15,500 would i be seeing? This is selling it and not trading it in.

Anyone sell their cars privately? how much hassle is involved?

This is my first real car and first car i'm selling myself. Traded another in but thats thru the help of my cousin.

Thanks in advanced.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
hey.. as the title states. i want to sell my car to the dealer.

What do i need to bring besides all the paperwork?

Hypothetically speaking if my car is worth $15,500.. how much of that $15,500 would i be seeing? This is selling it and not trading it in.

Anyone sell their cars privately? how much hassle is involved?

This is my first real car and first car i'm selling myself. Traded another in but thats thru the help of my cousin.

Thanks in advanced.

Dude..... Do not, I repeat do NOT sell your car to a dealership. They will offer you a pathetic amount of money. Sell it privately and receive what the car is worth. All that is required (where I live at least) is a transfer of ownership and the car can be given to the new owner. Use the cash ASAP to buy a new car or for a down payment (a dealership won't care where you got the 15k from, but a bank will :thumbsup:).

The only "hassle" is having the time to sit on it for a while so you can get as much as possible for the car. Also, I guess having the car in your possession doing nothing is also a bit of a burden.

Jack-E-Son

Ready to race!
Sounds good.. thanks for the quick reply!

Guess ill start parting it out and selling some stuff as soon as possible.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Depending on what you've got, sometimes parting out isn't worth it unless you can install/uninstall parts yourself.

The best case scenario is you being able to take your shit off and put stock shit on, and charging the poor bastard buying your shit to put it on his/her car because he/she can't do it his/herself.

If selling to girl, requesting favours in exchange is totally rad

Jack-E-Son

Ready to race!
If selling to girl, requesting favours in exchange is totally rad

haha.. cept im married.. don't think the wife would be too happy..

As for the parts, its only my exhaust i cant uninstall/reinstall and probably shouldn't either because no flashers around me to revert to stock. and I'm sure driving around stage 2 with stock down pipe is bad for the engine. Unless I can mate the stock muffler to the down pipe and sell off the cat back.

Everything else is bsh intake, smoked side markers, pioneer head unit and radar detector. Probably leave in my remote starter because thats not exactly an easy job to do.

So yup. Its going to be a 2009 4-Door GTI DSG Stage 2 with a turbo back exhaust with remote starter. 23K miles (as of now)..