GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV


  VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com


 
Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions
Ringer Racing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2018, 09:42 PM   #221
high_octane3541
Formula 5000 Driver
 
high_octane3541's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 MkV GTI / 2016 S3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 1,789
ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

What the hell was the front of the gear rubbing against????

Iíve had mine for a few years and it still looks new
__________________
B00ST!!!
IG: high_octane3541
high_octane3541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:03 AM   #222
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Sorry guys for the late reply but I had some medical issues.
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:05 AM   #223
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
I think this happened because the built cover is installed, thatís why there was fractions on it.
The head is okay and nothing happened except the IE Cam Gear
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #224
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
CRAZY Thoughts

I am thinking to do a CRAZY thing.
As you know I bought the Golf R AWD system and I am planning to install it this month (hopefully), I am thinking why I can't use the benefits of the AWD to go for more power!

What about having GTX3076R Gen2 or GTX3576R Gen2!
https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbo...tx3076r-gen-ii
https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbo...tx3576r-gen-ii

I read an articles about how the GTX3076R specs is mis-matches! I am thinking to go for PagParts kit with GTX3576R Gen2 V-Band, 0.83 AR, V-Band Ni-Resist.

I know that the fueling is the big concern but what about going for dynodrome fueling parts.

Stage 2 tfsi injectors (700 + hp)
http://www.dynodrome.gr/?product=sta...injectors700hp

Rail valve 175 bar
http://www.dynodrome.gr/?product=rail-valve-175-bar

All thoughts are most welcome.
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:41 PM   #225
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Okay, just new update, the engine is broken!















Car was working perfectly till 3 weeks ago, then the oil consumption become strange, the engine lost one litter up sudden then I add it!

Last week I was going the data logging on 4th gear and during the first log I found a huge black smoke from the exhaust in the back of the car and heard a strange sound in the engine and the car stopped after 300m and thatís it!

As you can see from the pics, the piston in second cylinder is missing! And the block itself is scratched. Moreover the valves are not okay too!

I will check and inspect the turbo to make sure nothing happened to it too!

Honestly I didnít expect that the engine is damaged because everything inside it is new and forged!!

I donít know what I will do now because my brain is out of service for the time being.
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:12 AM   #226
GIACUser
Master Wallet Mechanic
 
GIACUser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 UG EFR7163
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostic View Post
Okay, just new update, the engine is broken!















Car was working perfectly till 3 weeks ago, then the oil consumption become strange, the engine lost one litter up sudden then I add it!

Last week I was going the data logging on 4th gear and during the first log I found a huge black smoke from the exhaust in the back of the car and heard a strange sound in the engine and the car stopped after 300m and thatís it!

As you can see from the pics, the piston in second cylinder is missing! And the block itself is scratched. Moreover the valves are not okay too!

I will check and inspect the turbo to make sure nothing happened to it too!

Honestly I didnít expect that the engine is damaged because everything inside it is new and forged!!

I donít know what I will do now because my brain is out of service for the time being.

Noooooooooooooo
I thought I had it bad not being able to finish the project but wow...... Man I hope you find a way to get it back together without too much expense.
__________________
Under construction for the last year, took car down in July 2017. Motor fired up for first time Aug 2018. Still more work to have done before I can drive it......
GIACUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:01 AM   #227
xSabretoothx
Fast w/ training wheels
 
xSabretoothx's Avatar
 
Drives: Better Than You
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,314
DAMN, I feel so bad for you!
__________________
"You can never get enough of the things you don't need, because the things you don't need can never satisfy."

Marvin J. Ashton
xSabretoothx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:30 AM   #228
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIACUser View Post
Noooooooooooooo
I thought I had it bad not being able to finish the project but wow...... Man I hope you find a way to get it back together without too much expense.
I am swapping a stock CDL engine now and will install the rest external parts and tune it for low boost for the time being.
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #229
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSabretoothx View Post
DAMN, I feel so bad for you!
Thanks...
I don't know why this happened!
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #230
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
NEXT STEP

Actually my brain stuck for few days thinking for the next step, and I decided to have a stock CDL engine with the rest of my external parts so I can have the car working. I will tune it for low boost for the time being.

I am thinking now to forge another CDL engine that it is not working and it is in the scrap yard.

I have the IE Tuscan Rods, and Calico Main & Rod bearings, but I don't know which Pistons should I go for.
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volks...ting-Rods.html

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volks...-Cylinder.html

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volks...r-VW-Audi.html

I am between the JE 83mm 9.1:1 or JE 83mm 9.5:1 and I don't know which one should I go for. Or shall I contact Mahle and purchase only the damaged pistons which could be one or two pistons maximum.

Also, in the cylinder head I have almost everything apart from the Ferrea valves that I think they are damaged! I will go for the stock valves with the Ferrea springs and retainers.

I am planning to go for PagParts GTX3076R gen2 or GTX3576R gen2 kit, as I am going to install the Golf R AWD system before end of June 2018.

Having the PagParts BT kit will be by end of this year when I have enough money!

All thoughts are more than welcome. This time I want to back stronger than last time with the most powerful built car in my country.
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:35 PM   #231
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Okay, I think I am going to do something crazy as I got bored of the 2.0T and itís problems at least for now.

I am looking for Passat or Superb R36 mechanical system with quattro, most probably I will convert the car to R36 but I will have a serious issue with the Passat ECU SW as it wonít work with the Rocco ABS and braking system as the Passat ABS and hand brake is electrical!
So I will have to go for Superb system and ECU but itís 260HP while the Passat is 300HP.
As far as I read the differences are in SW so once you installed Supercharger or Turbocharger both will be equals, not sure if it true!

Anyway, this is the way forward for now if I couldnít find a good CDL engine with good price.

All ideas and thoughts are more than welcome.
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #232
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Any idea why this happens to the headlights?!



Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:00 PM   #233
GIACUser
Master Wallet Mechanic
 
GIACUser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 UG EFR7163
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostic View Post
Okay, I think I am going to do something crazy as I got bored of the 2.0T and itís problems at least for now.

I am looking for Passat or Superb R36 mechanical system with quattro, most probably I will convert the car to R36 but I will have a serious issue with the Passat ECU SW as it wonít work with the Rocco ABS and braking system as the Passat ABS and hand brake is electrical!
So I will have to go for Superb system and ECU but itís 260HP while the Passat is 300HP.
As far as I read the differences are in SW so once you installed Supercharger or Turbocharger both will be equals, not sure if it true!

Anyway, this is the way forward for now if I couldnít find a good CDL engine with good price.

All ideas and thoughts are more than welcome.
Go turbo - superchargers and belts are a pain in the rear. Much prefer turbo. Man a turbo 3.6 wow..... you could get a lot of info from HPA since that is how they build their cars.
__________________
Under construction for the last year, took car down in July 2017. Motor fired up for first time Aug 2018. Still more work to have done before I can drive it......
GIACUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:31 AM   #234
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIACUser View Post
Go turbo - superchargers and belts are a pain in the rear. Much prefer turbo. Man a turbo 3.6 wow..... you could get a lot of info from HPA since that is how they build their cars.

For now I installed ED30 K04 engine and DSG transmission, with DM ECU Stage 2+ & TVS DSG Stage 2+ so I can drive.
I will install the R20 Quattro system and DSG with the ED30 engine.

Also, I will work on forging CDL engine and moving TurboZentrum kit and all aftermarket parts to the CDL one.

Moreover, I am waiting TVS to get all details regarding their big turbo kit on R36.
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:34 AM   #235
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Also, contacted HPA and their R36 turbo kit cost is extremely high, itís more than $100,000!! DQ500 is mandatory with their R36 kit.

They have a complete turbo kit solution for R32 with average power 620hp with DQ250
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #236
Bluepower
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: Vw Corrado 1.8 20vt big turbo
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostic View Post
Also, contacted HPA and their R36 turbo kit cost is extremely high, itís more than $100,000!! DQ500 is mandatory with their R36 kit.

They have a complete turbo kit solution for R32 with average power 620hp with DQ250
Seriously.. 100k for a turbo kit?? Give me that money and i'll build you 3 or 4....
Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #237
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower View Post
Seriously.. 100k for a turbo kit?? Give me that money and i'll build you 3 or 4....

Apart from that I wonít pay $100,000 for modifications!
The $100,000 is cost of complete forged R36 engine, DQ500 DSG, turbo kit, suspension, brakes, exhaust, ECU, tuning for both ECU & TCU, etc...
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #238
GIACUser
Master Wallet Mechanic
 
GIACUser's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 UG EFR7163
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostic View Post
Apart from that I wonít pay $100,000 for modifications!
The $100,000 is cost of complete forged R36 engine, DQ500 DSG, turbo kit, suspension, brakes, exhaust, ECU, tuning for both ECU & TCU, etc...
That is crazy money, don't see the value really though I would love to have one.

Looking forward to what you do with R36 but why not just stay with the 2.0 and avoid all the additional headaches.
__________________
Under construction for the last year, took car down in July 2017. Motor fired up for first time Aug 2018. Still more work to have done before I can drive it......
GIACUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #239
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIACUser View Post
That is crazy money, don't see the value really though I would love to have one.



Looking forward to what you do with R36 but why not just stay with the 2.0 and avoid all the additional headaches.

So far I have the tuned ED30, and I will forge another 2.0 CDL engine, and I will wait the TVS quote for their R36 kit. They said it can provide 600+ hp with stock internals!
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:48 AM   #240
Mostic
FIA GT Champion
 
Mostic's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Egypt
Posts: 961
Long time was no updates, was busy with my wifeís Tiguan car. Converting from 1.4TSI FWD to 2.0TSI 4MOTION.

Yesterday received the mounts for the Rocco AWD conversion, will start after completing my wifeís car



Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:17 AM   #241
cendoll
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: Automatic
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 6
Old pressure while idle
cendoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:31 AM   #242
bertha
Newbie
 
Drives: m5
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: mexico city
Posts: 1
amazing,your car's a monster
bertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.