GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions
Ringer Racing

Old 02-26-2018, 09:42 PM   #221
high_octane3541
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 08 MkV GTI / 2016 S3
ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

What the hell was the front of the gear rubbing against????

Iíve had mine for a few years and it still looks new
Old 03-13-2018, 12:03 AM   #222
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 07 MKV GTI
Sorry guys for the late reply but I had some medical issues.
Mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:05 AM   #223
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

I think this happened because the built cover is installed, thatís why there was fractions on it.
The head is okay and nothing happened except the IE Cam Gear
Old 05-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #224
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

CRAZY Thoughts

I am thinking to do a CRAZY thing.
As you know I bought the Golf R AWD system and I am planning to install it this month (hopefully), I am thinking why I can't use the benefits of the AWD to go for more power!

What about having GTX3076R Gen2 or GTX3576R Gen2!
https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbo...tx3076r-gen-ii
https://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbo...tx3576r-gen-ii

I read an articles about how the GTX3076R specs is mis-matches! I am thinking to go for PagParts kit with GTX3576R Gen2 V-Band, 0.83 AR, V-Band Ni-Resist.

I know that the fueling is the big concern but what about going for dynodrome fueling parts.

Stage 2 tfsi injectors (700 + hp)
http://www.dynodrome.gr/?product=sta...injectors700hp

Rail valve 175 bar
http://www.dynodrome.gr/?product=rail-valve-175-bar

All thoughts are most welcome.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:41 PM   #225
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Okay, just new update, the engine is broken!

Car was working perfectly till 3 weeks ago, then the oil consumption become strange, the engine lost one litter up sudden then I add it!

Last week I was going the data logging on 4th gear and during the first log I found a huge black smoke from the exhaust in the back of the car and heard a strange sound in the engine and the car stopped after 300m and thatís it!

As you can see from the pics, the piston in second cylinder is missing! And the block itself is scratched. Moreover the valves are not okay too!

I will check and inspect the turbo to make sure nothing happened to it too!

Honestly I didnít expect that the engine is damaged because everything inside it is new and forged!!

I donít know what I will do now because my brain is out of service for the time being.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:12 AM   #226
GIACUser
Master Wallet Mechanic

Drives: 2008 UG EFR7163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostic View Post
Okay, just new update, the engine is broken!

Car was working perfectly till 3 weeks ago, then the oil consumption become strange, the engine lost one litter up sudden then I add it!

Last week I was going the data logging on 4th gear and during the first log I found a huge black smoke from the exhaust in the back of the car and heard a strange sound in the engine and the car stopped after 300m and thatís it!

As you can see from the pics, the piston in second cylinder is missing! And the block itself is scratched. Moreover the valves are not okay too!

I will check and inspect the turbo to make sure nothing happened to it too!

Honestly I didnít expect that the engine is damaged because everything inside it is new and forged!!

I donít know what I will do now because my brain is out of service for the time being.

Noooooooooooooo
I thought I had it bad not being able to finish the project but wow...... Man I hope you find a way to get it back together without too much expense.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:01 AM   #227
xSabretoothx
Fast w/ training wheels

Drives: Better Than You
DAMN, I feel so bad for you!

Marvin J. Ashton
xSabretoothx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:30 AM   #228
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIACUser View Post
Noooooooooooooo
I thought I had it bad not being able to finish the project but wow...... Man I hope you find a way to get it back together without too much expense.
I am swapping a stock CDL engine now and will install the rest external parts and tune it for low boost for the time being.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #229
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSabretoothx View Post
DAMN, I feel so bad for you!
Thanks...
I don't know why this happened!
Old 05-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #230
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

NEXT STEP

Actually my brain stuck for few days thinking for the next step, and I decided to have a stock CDL engine with the rest of my external parts so I can have the car working. I will tune it for low boost for the time being.

I am thinking now to forge another CDL engine that it is not working and it is in the scrap yard.

I have the IE Tuscan Rods, and Calico Main & Rod bearings, but I don't know which Pistons should I go for.
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volks...ting-Rods.html

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volks...-Cylinder.html

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volks...r-VW-Audi.html

I am between the JE 83mm 9.1:1 or JE 83mm 9.5:1 and I don't know which one should I go for. Or shall I contact Mahle and purchase only the damaged pistons which could be one or two pistons maximum.

Also, in the cylinder head I have almost everything apart from the Ferrea valves that I think they are damaged! I will go for the stock valves with the Ferrea springs and retainers.

I am planning to go for PagParts GTX3076R gen2 or GTX3576R gen2 kit, as I am going to install the Golf R AWD system before end of June 2018.

Having the PagParts BT kit will be by end of this year when I have enough money!

All thoughts are more than welcome. This time I want to back stronger than last time with the most powerful built car in my country.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:35 PM   #231
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Okay, I think I am going to do something crazy as I got bored of the 2.0T and itís problems at least for now.

I am looking for Passat or Superb R36 mechanical system with quattro, most probably I will convert the car to R36 but I will have a serious issue with the Passat ECU SW as it wonít work with the Rocco ABS and braking system as the Passat ABS and hand brake is electrical!
So I will have to go for Superb system and ECU but itís 260HP while the Passat is 300HP.
As far as I read the differences are in SW so once you installed Supercharger or Turbocharger both will be equals, not sure if it true!

Anyway, this is the way forward for now if I couldnít find a good CDL engine with good price.

All ideas and thoughts are more than welcome.
Old 07-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #232
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Any idea why this happens to the headlights?!

Old 07-07-2018, 08:00 PM   #233
GIACUser
Master Wallet Mechanic

Quote:
Okay, I think I am going to do something crazy as I got bored of the 2.0T and itís problems at least for now.

I am looking for Passat or Superb R36 mechanical system with quattro, most probably I will convert the car to R36 but I will have a serious issue with the Passat ECU SW as it wonít work with the Rocco ABS and braking system as the Passat ABS and hand brake is electrical!
So I will have to go for Superb system and ECU but itís 260HP while the Passat is 300HP.
As far as I read the differences are in SW so once you installed Supercharger or Turbocharger both will be equals, not sure if it true!

Anyway, this is the way forward for now if I couldnít find a good CDL engine with good price.

All ideas and thoughts are more than welcome.
Go turbo - superchargers and belts are a pain in the rear. Much prefer turbo. Man a turbo 3.6 wow..... you could get a lot of info from HPA since that is how they build their cars.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:31 AM   #234
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Go turbo - superchargers and belts are a pain in the rear. Much prefer turbo. Man a turbo 3.6 wow..... you could get a lot of info from HPA since that is how they build their cars.

For now I installed ED30 K04 engine and DSG transmission, with DM ECU Stage 2+ & TVS DSG Stage 2+ so I can drive.
I will install the R20 Quattro system and DSG with the ED30 engine.

Also, I will work on forging CDL engine and moving TurboZentrum kit and all aftermarket parts to the CDL one.

Moreover, I am waiting TVS to get all details regarding their big turbo kit on R36.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:34 AM   #235
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Also, contacted HPA and their R36 turbo kit cost is extremely high, itís more than $100,000!! DQ500 is mandatory with their R36 kit.

They have a complete turbo kit solution for R32 with average power 620hp with DQ250
Old 07-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #236
Bluepower
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Vw Corrado 1.8 20vt big turbo
Quote:
Also, contacted HPA and their R36 turbo kit cost is extremely high, itís more than $100,000!! DQ500 is mandatory with their R36 kit.

They have a complete turbo kit solution for R32 with average power 620hp with DQ250
Seriously.. 100k for a turbo kit?? Give me that money and i'll build you 3 or 4....
Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #237
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower View Post
Seriously.. 100k for a turbo kit?? Give me that money and i'll build you 3 or 4....

Apart from that I wonít pay $100,000 for modifications!
The $100,000 is cost of complete forged R36 engine, DQ500 DSG, turbo kit, suspension, brakes, exhaust, ECU, tuning for both ECU & TCU, etc...
Old 07-08-2018, 02:57 PM   #238
GIACUser
Master Wallet Mechanic

Quote:
Apart from that I wonít pay $100,000 for modifications!
The $100,000 is cost of complete forged R36 engine, DQ500 DSG, turbo kit, suspension, brakes, exhaust, ECU, tuning for both ECU & TCU, etc...
That is crazy money, don't see the value really though I would love to have one.

Looking forward to what you do with R36 but why not just stay with the 2.0 and avoid all the additional headaches.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #239
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
That is crazy money, don't see the value really though I would love to have one.

Looking forward to what you do with R36 but why not just stay with the 2.0 and avoid all the additional headaches.

So far I have the tuned ED30, and I will forge another 2.0 CDL engine, and I will wait the TVS quote for their R36 kit. They said it can provide 600+ hp with stock internals!
Old 09-21-2018, 04:48 AM   #240
Mostic
FIA GT Champion

Long time was no updates, was busy with my wifeís Tiguan car. Converting from 1.4TSI FWD to 2.0TSI 4MOTION.

Yesterday received the mounts for the Rocco AWD conversion, will start after completing my wifeís car

Old 10-06-2018, 03:17 AM   #241
cendoll
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Automatic
Old pressure while idle
cendoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:31 AM   #242
bertha

Drives: m5
amazing,your car's a monster
bertha is offline   Reply With Quote