GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions
Parts4Euro

Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #45
Smithy111
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: Golf gti mk5
Hi I'm Ben. Just bought my 55 GTI. part ex'd my golf tdi 1.9 for it. the tdi remapped at 140bhp feels the same as the gti haha
Smithy111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #46
Widebody
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2008 MKV Rabbit Coupe
New Guy From Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What up guys. new to the site, From Toronto. Picked up a 2008 Rabbit that i'm looking to further customize and just enjoy. Still learning my way around the forum... But interested in meet ups, group buys, and all that other noise. If you know of a great shop in Toronto that deals with aftermarket parts both performance and cosmetic shoot me a pm. In the mean time, here are a couple pics of my ride:

And I also ride Street & Track on my beloved RR:

thanks for looking. Also, pm me if you have a set of GTI headlight housings. Really want to convert mine to the projectors. That's the first thing i really wanna get done asap. Cheers!

follow me on instagram: @apapik
Widebody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #47
Izzy_Rob
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2008 VW GTI DSG
New to the forum

Hey what's up, my name is Isaiah, I have a 2008 GTI and I'm from Houston, TX. I just joined the forum a few weeks ago, nice to meet everyone
Izzy_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #48
MaxGTI07
Car does not go BWAAAAAA!

Drives: Candy White GTi 2007
Introductions thread (Part 2)

Hi!

I'm Max from Montreal Canada.

I bought my 07 GTi this summer and so far I love it! Since i'm sort of on a budget and had to change a few things on the car, the car is still stock height :(. I will be putting coilovers probably this spring since we have about 4 feet of snow here hehe.

I'm currently only running a cold air intake and muffler delete without chip.

I made a few exterior modifications but i dont have any pictures yet (black roof, euro plate, painted the red trim in grill)

Here she is. The sticker is gone no worries lol.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359159711.025185.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  274.1 KB

As i said im on a budget and could not afford interlagos wheels :( i painted the oem huffs to my taste!

Let me know what you think!

Old 01-27-2013, 03:09 AM   #49
funkmasterbrad
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: GTI MKV, APR Stage 1, DSG
Hey guys and gals!

I've been driving my (new to me) 2008 MKV GTI around for three days now!

Previous cars were:

Mini Cooper S w/mods
DMC-12 Delorean (http://bradkinley.com/?page_id=12)

Anyways! here's the pics of the car!

funkmasterbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #50
JDub1337
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2008 2D GTI
Hey guys I live in the Tampa Bay area of FL and ive been lurking around here for some time. I have an 08 GTI FSI/DSG with a hair over 60k. So far I have done a bit of cosmetic stuff to her as well as a Neuspeed intake, upgraded driving lights, and DG Eibach lowering springs. I also picked up a set of 18x8 ET38's and some Hankook V12 215/40's for her.

Next set of mods include some sort of DV upgrade (still not sure what to do, stock one is shot), brakes, APR tune, boost gauge setup and some other goodies. Here are some pics of my baby

Color matched CW bezel

And some clean intake install photos

Love the site and the MKV. After owning 16 Jeep's this is my first car and after drooling over them for years I sold my XJ and picked one up!

Probably my last Jeep...ever lol

The VW is MUCH faster than what I am used to but im enjoying every minute of it. Cheers!

JDub

I also meant to ask, anyone know why I cannot post a thread yet? Is it a minimum post amount type of thing? Thanks
JDub1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #51
cdwalls
FIA GT Champion

Drives: White 2006 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widebody View Post

jesus christ has anyone seen this??
cdwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #52
freshslate
Constant

Drives: GTI
hello everyone, long time browser of this forum and vortex, and have found this site much easier to navigate for all the information I needed.

i figured it was finally time to get off my butt and create an account and start posting all the information and knowledge i've gained from owning this car for 2.5 years now.

currently, i drive a 2007 UG GTI package 2 6mt up here in canada. i've had all the known issues with cam follower blowing through, to a busted Rev C diverter valve.

current mods on the car are as follows:
18x8 Samarkand OEM wheels (in storage for the winter)
neuspeed pflo (red)
DRL disabled and have the fogs as DRL
R32 tail lights
plastidipped front shield and plastidipped white smile
plastidipped white winter 17" OEM Orca wheels.

and I plan on getting coilovers for the coming season. not much in terms of power but that may change later down the road. (i'm a granny driver and don't abuse my car lol).

anyways, looking forward to sharing all the information and knowledge i have on this forum to help out others as they have helped me here.
freshslate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #53
Skylineracer329
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2006 gti mkv
Hey everyone, new guy here. Got my '06 MkV back in August. Just dropped money on it that I really didn't want to. Had to get a new tire and a rim straightened, the roads here in MA are terrible.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361388016.338220.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  85.4 KB
Skylineracer329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #54
brad.whittle

Drives: Golf MK5 1.4
My MK5 Golf 1.4

Bought myself a mk5 golf 1.4s the other week and going to make it my project. It is cornflower blue metallic colour it is a very clean car inside and out with only 55k on the clock. I've just changed the stanard dipped beam and sidelight bulbs lastnight for some phillips bluevision ultra which have improved the look quite a lot. the things im thinking of doing to it are putting scirroco alloys on it, tinting the back 3windows and upgrading standard rcd300 headunit to either a genuine rns510 or an aftermarket double din unit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brad

brad.whittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #55
Boxxer1973

Drives: Mk5 Gti tornado red
Newbie here from Wales U.K, found this place through all the tutorials

Anyway here's my ride

Boxxer1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #56
SlimKlim
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '95 M3, MKV Shopping
Hey kids,

I'm still VW-less, but currently shopping for an MKV DSG GTI as a daily driver.

Some of my first car-related memories were in an early MKIII(?) Jetta that my parents had when I was but a wee gearhead. In '98 my Uncle ordered a White New Beetle, and a year later we ordered a '99 TDI New Beetle. A few years later my dad repurposed the Beetle as a company car for his manager and bought a '98 Jetta TDI 5-speed, that I learned to drive in.

Then in college I spent my summers working at a Porsche/Audi/VW/BMW/Mercedes Indy shop/dealer. So I haven't actually owned a VW of my own, but I've spent a large majority of my life around them and always had a soft spot for them.

My own car history isn't too interesting. First car was a 1995 Saab 900 S 5-speed. Just a naturally aspirated base model, but I loved her just as much as if she was a 9-3 Viggen.

After I graduated high school I went through a phase where I thought I needed a "professional" car, so I bought a 2003 BMW 325i sport package with an automatic.

That lasted for about 8 months before I got miserably bored and bought my current car, a 1995 BMW M3, which I've been daily driving for nearly 4 years.

The M3 is NOT boring, and because it was a heap of crap with 142k miles on it when I bought it, it has taught me everything I know about turning a wrench on a car. It would take years to run through everything I've done with it, its easier to just say there's more that's been replaced that hasn't. That said, she has 183k now and some of her repairs require disassembling her for a considerable amount of time, (And I've grown out of bright yellow paint and a ridiculously loud exhaust on a daily.) hence the MKV shopping.

Other notable mentions are a 1990 Miata with 54k original miles I bought for a song and dance because it had no clutch, then fixed up and sold for a profit.

A 1993 Suzuki GS500 trainwreck of a bike that I just about lost my shirt on trying to fix up.

And a 1994 Yamaha FZR-600 that was given to me (in several boxes) by a good friend, which I reassembled and rode for a few months.

I've got a few feelers for an MKV out there now, but I plan to really start "shooting to kill" in the second half of March. I'm planning on getting an 08-09 because I don't like timing belts, and would ideally get a White 4-door, but I'm willing to compromise on the # of doors or color if I find a clean car at a good price. My only non-negotiables are DSG (I live in the DC area and already own a stickshift), Sunroof and Heated Seats.

Can't wait to retire my old warhorse to garage ornament duty and get into a GTI!
SlimKlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #57
Mr_1082
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: MKV R32
My name is Taylor and I purchased my MKV R32 last March. I began the search when I was ready to unload my 04' IS300.

I went and drove an 08 R locally but it was not in the shape that I wanted to I began the search throughout Ohio. I found my current car up north of Cleveland, Oh and drove up with Dad in his Corvette to pick it up.

I bought the R with 37,xxx miles, CPO, clear bra on front end, mirrors and rear bumper and window tint. I paid $20k for it and felt pretty good about it.

I have fallen in love with the car and have started simply modifications since it is my daily driver.

I have added:
-Forge Intake (black hoses)
-Blue coil pack covers
-R8 oil cap
-Removed insulator on bottom of hood
-6000k headlight bulbs
-Performance LED's front markers and license plate bulbs
-Euro headlight switch
-Carpet R-Line mats
-ECS tuning rings for A/C controls
-MFD2 Navigation (came with stock radio)
-R36 Dead pedal
-Flapper mod
-ST Coilovers (just got them yesterday, will be installed next week hopefully)

Glad to join the forum to learn and use it as a resource and in mean time meeting some other VW lovers.
Mr_1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #58
.:R32D2
Big Brown Truck Driver

Hey Guys, I'm Joe from Los Angeles California, I'm 26 but back in my early teens I remember looking around for what kind of car I would like. Stumbling around websites I found the rabbit and fell in love with Volkswagens, years later I went to the OC Auto Show and got to see the latest GTI's, sat in one and KNEW I wanted a VW. Long Story short...in 2011 I bought myself my current car:

Coilovers are out for delivery as of now, wheels are to follow and after that the possibilities are endless.

Love what you guys have here, awesome community of people with the same interest, great advice and beautiful cars.

“Speed has never killed anyone - suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.” ― Jeremy Clarkson
MKV R32 #2799 Neuspeed P-flo || APR RSC 3" Catback || APR Stage 1 || UM DSG Flash || HPA SHS Coilovers|| 18" VMR V710's
.:R32D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #59
07Fh
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2007 GTI Fh 2.0TFSI
What's up everyone? My name is Anthony. I'm originally from Nj and I'm stationed in Okc for the USAF. I just picked up an awesome 07 Fahrenheit with 36k on it. I've always wanted a GTI and once I saw this bright orange beast, I had to have it. I'm about to order some coilovers, intake, exhaust, and some other misc upgrades once I decide exactly what I want. Looking forward to discussing and modding with you guys!
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362157348.864917.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  103.8 KB
07Fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #60
Tutti57
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2006 Passat 2.0T
Hey,

Im new over here, coming from vortex and looking for more action.

I actually have a B6 Passat but it shares a lot with the MKV so here I am. There is also a lot less action going on in B6 forums than MKVs.
2006 Passat 2.0T Tiptronic | Unitronic Stage 2 | DG Springs | White Line Control Arm Bushings | BFI Tranny Mount | Newsouth Boost Gauge | Rev D DV | BSH PCV fix | eBay Down Pipe w/cat | Autotech Exhaust | DDM HIDs | Bentley Manual | VCDS
2008 Touareg vr6 | Stock and staying that way
Tutti57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #61
Chrislocrotondo
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2006 mkv gti
Picked up an 06 gti at a repossession aution the other day never thought I'd drive a vw but I'm hooked!
Chrislocrotondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #62
Chrislocrotondo
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2006 mkv gti
My names Chris by the way I've been searching all over cant find an answer I was going around this forum and read about the cam follower issues and decided to change mine since I'm doing all maintenance at the moment because I have no idea who or where the last owner was from or how they maintained the car so I'm starting everything fresh but anyway when I was removing the fuel pump I accidentally broke the fuel pressure regulator on the top of the pump someone please help! Do I need to buy a whole new pump now or is it possible to change the part?

Here's a link of a pic http://s1308.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0

Last edited by Chrislocrotondo; 03-06-2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Add picture
Chrislocrotondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #63
BooHnda
Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts

Drives: 2009 VW GTI
So incredibly happy to be back in a GTI

I used to have a decently modified 01 GTI and stupidly and regrettably traded it in back in 2006. Fast forward to two days ago and I can proudly say I am the second owner of a Black 09 GTI with Autobahn package. Yay for certified pre-owned cuz I wanted the warranty.

Crappy picture but the dealership was 2.5 hours away and so it already needs another bath.

About to be 30 years old, married with a child on the way hence the 4 door. :-D

Wife wanted an SUV, I greatly did NOT want an SUV and this was the compromise. (we have two dogs, SUV would allow the dogs to be separated from our son when born)
BooHnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #64
MC71

Drives: Mk5 Golf GTI Edition 30
Smile

Hi all!

I'm Martin, living in England. Have had a Mk5 Golf GTI Edition 30 for about a year. Have done a fair few mods, inside and out. Am here to help others and also to learn more about my car. As she stands at the mo.....

MC71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #65
.:R32D2
Big Brown Truck Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwalls View Post
jesus christ has anyone seen this??
I was looking for feedback or comments, I was wondering the exact same thing!

“Speed has never killed anyone - suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.” ― Jeremy Clarkson
MKV R32 #2799 Neuspeed P-flo || APR RSC 3" Catback || APR Stage 1 || UM DSG Flash || HPA SHS Coilovers|| 18" VMR V710's
.:R32D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #66
rt4me

Drives: White 2008 GTI (FSI motor)
Name's Tim. Wife just bought an 08 GTI (FSI). I'll be doing most of the maintenance on it so I'm more of the forum member type than her. I'm really liking the car and have already put a bug in her ear that I might take over the car as my own and get rid of my 04 WRX. The GTI certainly has a nicer interior and feels more refined.

I'm getting maintenance items up to date and reading up on common issues to look for. I'll probably be posting to the various tech forums or at least lurking. I plan on tackling basics like spark plugs, oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid and coolant this weekend, with the addition of checking on the fuel pump cam follower and a valve cover gasket leak. Need to get the car to a known baseline.

I'm hoping the car, with proper maintenance, will be fairly trouble free.

Last edited by rt4me; 03-15-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Forgot my name. Duh.
rt4me is offline   Reply With Quote