GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Main Topics > GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions

Old 06-30-2018, 06:18 PM   #23
Voltan
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Mk 5 Golf 2008 - 1.9 TDI Match
Getting a I Phone 6 to work in the central console

Hi All

This is my 1st post here :) i am currently unable to do new threads for some reason so i thought i would ask here.

i have tried to conect my i phone 6s to the central i phone port using a basic i phone to female 30 pin conector and for some reason my cd player does not pick up my i phone when i play music? any help would be hugely apreciated :) x . please see below to a similar post

https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136093
Voltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:13 AM   #24
JetTurbo
geezer

Drives: '12 Golf R
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltan View Post
Hi All

This is my 1st post here :) i am currently unable to do new threads for some reason so i thought i would ask here.

i have tried to conect my i phone 6s to the central i phone port using a basic i phone to female 30 pin conector and for some reason my cd player does not pick up my i phone when i play music? any help would be hugely apreciated :) x . please see below to a similar post

https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136093
Most likely the issue is with the "...basic i phone to female 30 pin conector...".
Some of those adaptors only pass through power and data (aka USB audio) but do not pass through the analog audio or analog video signals. An adaptor that passes through analog audio is required. If the adaptor is referred to as a "charging adaptor" that is pretty much a dead giveaway it will not pass through analog audio. On Amazon, a lot of those adaptors are even marked "no audio".
A good choice is the one made by Apple (now discontinued, but still found on Amazon) - Apple Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter although that adaptor will NOT fit directly in the dock. i had to use a 30 pin extension cable (again, not all extension cables support analog audio) to make one work.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #25
bon qui qui
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: '06 GTI / '17 Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTurbo View Post
Most likely the issue is with the "...basic i phone to female 30 pin conector...".
Some of those adaptors only pass through power and data (aka USB audio) but do not pass through the analog audio or analog video signals. An adaptor that passes through analog audio is required. If the adaptor is referred to as a "charging adaptor" that is pretty much a dead giveaway it will not pass through analog audio. On Amazon, a lot of those adaptors are even marked "no audio".
A good choice is the one made by Apple (now discontinued, but still found on Amazon) - Apple Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter although that adaptor will NOT fit directly in the dock. i had to use a 30 pin extension cable (again, not all extension cables support analog audio) to make one work.
I'm glad to see that you're still around. I swear you're one of the most knowledgeable people on here when it comes to MKV electronics. While we're on the subject of the 30pin dock, any ideas what the best way to get rid of it and make it useful is? Either make it bluetooth capable or swap it for an Aux jack?