GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 3" Downpipe

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Looks like the eBay O2 spacer wasn't good enough, I just got a check engine light. Good thing I plan to get the APR flash.

The exhaust smell has definitely increased as well.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Also got a check engine light with the temp drop 2 days ago. For the post cat O2 sensor. Reset it with vcds, hasn't come back.

Bmaxwell

I have the cts turbo 3" downpipe and when I got it the sale had it on for $400 and its not catted or resonated. You can get an apr tune on any downpipe but apr dealers will say "It runs better" with the apr downpipe

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I checked the code with vag com, it's bank 1 sensor 1, it's running rich. So I'm hoping once I get the stage 2 tune flashed on the ecu, that this problem will go away. The engine light comes and goes.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Almost went a full year without having the APR stage 2 software installed, but my check engine light just came back that week for this O2 sensor again, so it looks like the spacer isn't enough anymore and I'll have to bite the bullet and get the stage 2 file installed.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I've had mine come on 2-3 times over 4 years. I reset it and it doesn't come back for a long time.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I'm being told to put an O2 sensor spacer on the front O2 sensor as well. I guess that O2 sensor is reading rich. I'm still going to have APR tune it to stage 2 to see if that helps as well.

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I didn't add a spacer to the first O2. I just had the stage 2 software downloaded onto the ECU and my problem was fixed. No problems passing inspection afterwards.