GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COILOVERS

RonY.

Hey guys! I recently got my car to stage 2 and am looking in the direction of lowering my car. My car shop recommended either the Solo Werks S1's or the KSport Kontrol Pro coilovers but they also wanted 940$ in labor. Can you guys give me ideas on what coilovers I should look into? Im trying to stay 600$ or under but I don't mind going above. Also, is that too much just to install the coilovers? I know I asked a lot but I'm beyond lost and could really use some guidance!!

Thanks guys!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I would rent spring compressors and do the swap myself. You could do the rear easily yourself as the springs aren't mounted over the dampers. Get the car on stands and use the lift/jack to compress the rear lifting at the rear swing arm for dismantling and re-compressing for installing the new. Check the install rates for the fronts only if you want.

$600 is only going to get you a set with little performance upgrade, if any, and will just be about the stance and look. So pick any that gives the drop you want at that price limit. If you could swing upwards of $1200 you'd likely be much happier.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
ST's are around $700-800 and would be my choice, at that price point

Then just buy new strut mounts & new strut bearings for the front coilovers. Remove the OEM struts & then "drop" the new coilovers in, no disassembly of the OEM struts required.
For the rear....you can either swap the OEM upper shock mounts to the new coilover shocks, or (my recommendation) just buy new ones.

Then install yourself = profit

RonY.

I'll be honest guys, I have absolutely no clue what any of that means. The problem is I don't have any tools to work on my car at home and since my dad bought my car for me he wants me to have the "professionals" do all the big things for my car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Depends on your location. Best price I've seen in NJ was 450$ including an alignment. Most performance shops wanted 750$ and up.