GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broken Headlight Level Sensor Question(s)

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
I was doing front end work and noticed this thing (didn't even know what it was at first, but had a suspicion since I threw a trouble code for the headlights). Anywho, it's broken, and I removed it. It's such a simple part, but I can't seem to find anything aftermarket (that looks the same and fits the same) -- and the price on these things is outrageous. Some places are selling OEM for about $150!

Just wondering if anyone knows much about them, what happens when they break (do they just sit level and not rotate), is there only one of them, and has anyone found an inexpensive aftermarket replacement? Is it even worth it to fix?

Thanks.

doc280

Ready to race!
I was doing front end work and noticed this thing (didn't even know what it was at first, but had a suspicion since I threw a trouble code for the headlights). Anywho, it's broken, and I removed it. It's such a simple part, but I can't seem to find anything aftermarket (that looks the same and fits the same) -- and the price on these things is outrageous. Some places are selling OEM for about $150!

Just wondering if anyone knows much about them, what happens when they break (do they just sit level and not rotate), is there only one of them, and has anyone found an inexpensive aftermarket replacement? Is it even worth it to fix?

Thanks.

Used one on Ebay..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/MK5-VW-GTI...675230?hash=item360c2f869e:g:vDIAAOSw5cNYGzIc

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Have a picture of what broke? Depending on what is broken it might be fixed for $20+/-

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
What exactly broke

Front

Last edited: