GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE FORMULA 1 THREAD

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Dunno if there is any other thread and im really lazy to search right now cause im about to knock out. Anyone in here watch formula one?? First race of the season was today!

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Dunno if there is any other thread and im really lazy to search right now cause im about to knock out. Anyone in here watch formula one?? First race of the season was today!

Talk about a surprise huh?!! A month ago Honda was about to break up their crew. Today, because of Ross Brawn who bought the team, they finished 1 and 2 in the first race of the year! Kinda crazy how things work sometimes.

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI 6MT
Talk about a surprise huh?!! A month ago Honda was about to break up their crew. Today, because of Ross Brawn who bought the team, they finished 1 and 2 in the first race of the year! Kinda crazy how things work sometimes.

BAH I didn't watch the race yet... way to post the results in the 2nd post lol...

Oh well, I'm still gonna watch it later...

F1 FTW!

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Come on Fiji... you had to expect that a thread titled "FORMULA 1 THREAD" would contain spoilers, especially immediately following the first race of the season. Maybe the title could be changed to include "SPOILERS" to prevent this in the future.

Today's race was amazing and I am soooo happy for the whole Brawn GP team. I was a little disappointed when Kubica and Vettels took themselves out as they're 2 of my favorite drivers but I was still very happy with the outcome.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that the field is more mixed than previous years thanks to the new rules. It's great to have some new colors on the podium.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Lol, what's wrong with posting the results to a race that already ended? Sorry if I spoiled the results for those who didn't see it. I got in late last night and it was on live at 4:30 in the morning. I didn't think about the re-air. My b.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
It was a good race, but it was very disappointing for the old "Big hitters" like ferrari and MB.

i wouldnt say disappointing. hamilton did WORK on that race...18th to 3rd is pretty damn impressive. granted the crash on the 3rd to last lap helped him alot too...speaking of that, wtf was Vettel thinking? that crash shouldnt have happened. sucks the race had to end with a safety car, but it was a great opening season race.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
i wouldnt say disappointing. hamilton did WORK on that race...18th to 3rd is pretty damn impressive. granted the crash on the 3rd to last lap helped him alot too...speaking of that, wtf was Vettel thinking? that crash shouldnt have happened. sucks the race had to end with a safety car, but it was a great opening season race.

Yeah Hamilton started almost dead last (other then the 2 toyotas) and ended up 4th I believe, not 3rd. Trulli got 3rd. I remember them talking about 2 of the oldest drivers in F1 are on the podium. :wink: Still a great great race for him to even pick up points though.

And as the announcer was saying "the best finish ever for a Red Bull car is 3rd......ohhhhhh they touch, they touch!" (Spin, spin, crash) Lol

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
ya he ended in 4th but trulli eventually got a safety car violation so that gave him a penalty which knocked him down pretty far, atleast thats according the F1 site...crazy drama haha

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
granted the crash on the 3rd to last lap helped him alot too...speaking of that, wtf was Vettel thinking? that crash shouldnt have happened.

I think Kubica should take the blame for that one... there were 3 laps left and Vettels tires were clearly going so I don't think he needed to be that aggressive at that point in the race.

richcreek

Ready to race!

Very true. It was a really good race, but I dont believe ferrari got any points?

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
What a great race, big congrats to Brawn, I am anxious to see if they still have the pace at Malaysia.

Vettel did all he could but the tire diff is huge so Kubica was eventually going to pass him anyway, I just think he picked the wrong corner to do so and thus both of them crashed out. I can't believe they penalized Vettel for the next race for causing the crash, he had nowhere to go and Kub was trying to pass on the outside! i agree with the fine, he should have just pulled over with how damaged his car was.

Trulli also had a great race starting from the pit late but passed under the safety car at the end of the race and was penalized 25 seconds so he dropped to 12th.

This was one of the few races that was at a reasonable hour to it was cool to watch it live, that prob won't be happening anytime soon.

On to Malaysia, only 5 days away.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
It was a good race, but it was very disappointing for the old "Big hitters" like ferrari and MB.

Wouldn't Brawn racing technically be one of the "big hitters" since they are sporting a Mercedes engine? I mean they are not the factory race team, but they are part of the big hitters, I feel.

Great race though. I actually stayed up last night to watch the race. Good stuff!