GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front left lights not working (checked fuses)

jasonjcook

hi everyone,

my car is a 2009 4 door gti with 80k miles completely stock .

the issue I am having is with the front left lights . all out , so far I changed the fuse, swapped the bulbs and ballast. everything works on right side when I install it but can't get the left working. I'm assuming it's a wiring issiue . Also my highbeems cut off automatically after about 5 seconds , not sure if this is related or not. any help would be great.

thanks
Jason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Can you scan it for codes? You may want to look at the ground wire, all grounds in the end for the left light go to one point near left headlight.

Last edited:

jasonjcook

Can you scan it for codes? You may want to look at the ground wire, all grounds in the end for the left light go to one point near left headlight.

I'll have to pull it apart this weekend to get to the ground. if I find somewhere to scan it will it actually tell me what's wrong, or will it just say, left front headlight not working lol

bowerhour4334

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Sounds like a ground issue, assuming all bulbs for the headlight housing use the same ground. That would be a good place to start. If that's good next step would be to check available voltage at the harness/connector.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jasonjcook

Sounds like a ground issue, assuming all bulbs for the headlight housing use the same ground. That would be a good place to start. If that's good next step would be to check available voltage at the harness/connector.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
didn't see anything out of the ordinary, so I made a new ground wire from the harness just to see. and booyashaka lights worked.