GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Key Shell Swap

Cynikal.Mindset

GTI Virus Infected
In light of the Bentley key housing swaps etc I decided to find a way to have the look without the price or other hard work involved...to aliexpress I go to search out VW key cases and I found one that looked like the Bentley key but with a spot for a VW logo and it was only $11. So, I buy it, get it in about 2 weeks and swap over the goods and I'm left with this fully functional (okay, no rape aka panic button but who uses that anyways). Chrome pieces are acutal metal and the whole kit weighs substantially more than the plastic original key. $11 well spent I think!

seller link
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...ey-refires-hutton-replacement/1038634890.html

Cynikal.Mindset

GTI Virus Infected
few things I need to point out...there is some slight modification needed for the battery holder as this case doesn't have a provision to hold the battery.

you will need to make a spacer and afix it to the underside of the case (I used super glue) and then glue the metal battery spring holder from the OEM key case to the spacer and then put the battery in that...see the pictures.

modified battery holder

also, DO NOT try and take the metal sides off, no need to that there is a slot for your immobilization pill in the case that you can just slide it in and use some silly putty, dumdum or similar to keep it in there...pics again

immob pill slot and held in place with rodico putty

jastr

Anyone else found this shell? I've ordered two but they both looks like crap and need modification to line up