GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My DaiLy_ProJecT • Golf MKV GT

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Got one of these in black

which is normally for carrying helmets, but can be used in the trunk of an everyday car, for transporting various things, like tools, umbrellas, i-pads, jackets, and it has anti-slip material so as to not move when driving.
Very clean, totally suggest it.​

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
So time for some more maintenance work today.

First of all let me show you the SPARCO helmet box I was talking about.

Very clean and tidy - love it.

Now, an issue I noticed is that the left side of the speakers wasnt heard as well as the right one. So off went the door card again with no second thoughts to find out what was happening

HERTZ unit revealed

And also some searching behind the head-unit, reveilled a bad connection from the past

All done,, re-installed, and ready for our next case to solve - Reverse light wouldn't go on, when reversing, and what is more, my park-tronic system was not working

Changed the bulb, checked the park-tronic wiring for cuts, even changed it to be sure, bought a new OEM reverse-light switch, installed it - yet nothing. So it was time to go around the car to find out where the bad connection was . . .

No bad connection here

No bad fuse

Nothing on the passenger side too

And, what do you know, we have a winner

OEM wiring gone bad through time. Made a new perfect connection and wrapped everything with my favorite Tesa fabric tape so as to be sure in the future.

What do you know . . .

It works.

More to come guys - Cheers :)

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
So went to the stealership for some more shopping today, second time I am buying this thing - well worth the money for its oem quality though -nothing cheap here

Here it is

Along with the VW Badge

Going artistic

Carefully removed the GTI badge so as to modify it

As well as the red stripe

Removed the "I" easily with the heat gun, almost no glue residue left

I then prepped the parts that were to be painted, the VW badge, the GT one, and the stripe

Audi approved the whole procedure

A hint of the colour I went with

Time to remove this grille

Cleaned the inner bumper part

Stripe installed on the grille - looking good

Badge modified too

let's see how it came out

Yummy, looks like a win to me

Cheers :D :D :D

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
holly shit! τι λες τώρα? i feel kind of silly i dont know a shit about this A4. i wanna see the progress of the GT. Καλώς ήρθες Μιχάλη!

No worries, I try to keep it low profile in Greece, didnt want to present it in any magazine I had the chance. I prefer to show the car in foreing fora around the world.
nice to find you here, Ελληνες υπαρχουν παντως οντως τελικα :thumbsup:

More more more more more. I love your Golf build so far man!

Cheers :)
It gets way better, trust me :biggrin:

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
So, another issue I wanted to address is to clean my leather interior a bit.

So I got armed with this new product from Andy @ Dazzle LTd

The results from cleaning were a bit more than impressive

Tomorrow I want to have another pass at them to further enhance their being soft and cared after, cause I want it to stay like new

On another note, I found a way to protect my alcantara steering wheel of my Audi, while not using it -

hmmmm....

LoL - works perfectly

-dont mind the floormat, it will be changed :p:p

Cheers​

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
hey guys, I am happy you like it.

If anyone wants any things from the Golf, or the Audi too, let me know, I have tons of things in stock and no free space to put them these days. So I have more than 100 listings on ebay. Username is mikedoctor, so if anything , just let me know or look for yourselves.

Now let me upload another update, cause you seem to like it as much as I do . . .

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Had a nice cleaning session with a good friend's smart little Smart today . . .some photos I took.

Shiny at last

So was the Smart

Cheers