GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Black Magic GTI (Z4Z4) Pics Thread

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
actually i bought the headlights used from another listmember here who parted out his R32. they had to be dismantled to install the CCFL angel eyes anyway so... but as with all used parts i've had my share of grief with them.... sigh.

i don't know how to take pictures of the lights when they are on dammit! they keep looking like they are flickering for some reason when they actually are not.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Intersting B... Are the issues you had with them due to the angel eyes or the CF inserts? I'm guessing it's the wiring. How have the CF inserts held up? I've got a set here, but am reluctant to install them. It's one of those things I'm not really fussed about.

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
Intersting B... Are the issues you had with them due to the angel eyes or the CF inserts? I'm guessing it's the wiring. How have the CF inserts held up? I've got a set here, but am reluctant to install them. It's one of those things I'm not really fussed about.

Well, the original person who did the retrofit work didn't do a great job. The passenger side was not properly sealed and leaked like a sieve when it rained, causing an electrical short, and the cf inserts were sloppily applied (ie. epoxy showing everywhere). I ended up putting my original headlight back in and sending the passenger side retrofit to Tekarbon and Eric had it completely rebuilt and repaired in a few weeks. it's been working fine for 1/2 year now... But unfortunately the driver's side one is now an issue because the ballast blew up on me and despite replacing the ballast with a new one it won't fire up properly when cold and I'm still not sure why.

Also, if you have the OSIR eyelids, make sure they are permanently attached, no double sided tape. Someone tried to steal mine and now both of them are cracked.

Last edited:

danizer

im a fob

harrigan

Seven Spoke Wheels

So I've been absolutely agonizing over what wheels I put on my 4-door BM 09 GTI.

Have settled on a look at least, I think, but now can't find mid-range wheels in the right fitment (5x112). Is there anything else out there in a seven-spoker other than cheap Drags and expensive / wrong bolt pattern Prodrives (GC-07J) and AVS (F7)?

Here's an example of what I'm looking for. What else is out there?

Attachments

• prodrives.png
    prodrives.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 2,764

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
AVS F7's are pretty well priced* on Yahoo Japan auctions. Try looking on there.

*considering how expensive they are @ RRP.