GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need some advice.. please help

Socks17

hey guys.. so just recently i bought a MkV GTI 2.0t and i know nothing about it. Im pretty new to the whole autocross thing and i dont know too much about performance upgrades and Volkswagens. i want to have a nice fast daily car that will make people look twice when i pass by them. the reason for this post is.. i just want to know if i should keep the gti and put money into it (and if so what would be the best parts to put into my car) or if i should sell the car and get something new. ive been looking at some cars.. S2000, Eg bubble d15b vtec swap, K24 EG Civic CX Hatchback, a dodge neon r/t, an audi tt, a 300zx,or an Integra. i dont care how much it costs or how long it takes, my goal is to buy a car now and put money into it to have it for a while.

Socks17

i absolutely love the car dont get me wrong, im just not a big fan of the FWD. and i have also heard that GTI's are like bootomless pits. i hear there is always something wrong with them and are a pain in the ass to maintain. i just want something i can have fun with and win alot of races with

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
i absolutely love the car dont get me wrong, im just not a big fan of the FWD. and i have also heard that GTI's are like bootomless pits. i hear there is always something wrong with them and are a pain in the ass to maintain. i just want something i can have fun with and win alot of races with

Most cars driven hard will at some point break. I recommend more research on what can/will break and being proactive about it. Winning races isn't going to come because of the car if you're just starting. I'd say you should try the car stock in some events first. Get that driver mod.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

Not a big fan of FWD, yet all the cars you listed except the S2K and 300ZX are FWD....

As stated above, as long as you are proactive with maintenance you'll be fine. You arent going to "win alot of races" without experience, plus modifying the car usually places you in a higher class with harder competition meaning you will win less against the more experienced drivers with better setups

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
All cars are bottomless pits of money, especially when you start talking about wanting to modify and "race" them. If you want to know what to do start autocrossing your car stock and see how serious you want to take it. Then decide between modifying your GTI or buying another car.

Of the cars you mentioned the S2000 and Integra are both far superior to a GTI but no car is going to make you "win a lot of races". If that's what you want to do I suggest you autocross as is even more so you can experience people in far worse cars absolutely destroy people. Drivers win "races", not cars. Unless you drive a Miata, then you either win or you suck.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Sounds like you'll be doing autocross for fun. Don't worry too much about results or modding your car for competition.

If you want to tear ass around the streets, RWD will be more of a liability than anything else for you since you don't have track experience. The GTI is tame and easy to drive with safe handling and probably won't scare you too much unless you really get in over your head going WAY too fast.

As far as the car being fast or not, even a stock GTI will easily go fast enough to get you into trouble, and they have good roll race potential with relatively inexpensive mods. A K04 will easily trap 110-115 in the quarter and a BT can see you going 120+.