GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I wish everyone would since it notifies me. I don't like subscribing to every thread I post in just for the notifications. That would be way too many haha.

Can someone quote a post of mine again? I cleared the data and cache for Tapatalk, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled. Trying to get these stupid notifications to work.

Funny enough, I didn't get a notification for this one hahaha.

multi-quoting give you multiple notifications?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I think after I finish the MKV I need to build an electric car. Swap some tesla drivetrain into a MK1.

I had an interview for the electrification group at work last thursday, would be working in the new electric powertrain group. They have 7 other applicants for the job and one of them worked for the hiring manager before he moved into his new spot so there is some serious competition for it. Should hear back by the end of this week if I made the cut or not. Interview went pretty well, just hoping my previous work experience in the 5.0L group trumps him hiring his buddy just because they used to work together

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I think after I finish the MKV I need to build an electric car. Swap some tesla drivetrain into a MK1.

I had an interview for the electrification group at work last thursday, would be working in the new electric powertrain group. They have 7 other applicants for the job and one of them worked for the hiring manager before he moved into his new spot so there is some serious competition for it. Should hear back by the end of this week if I made the cut or not. Interview went pretty well, just hoping my previous work experience in the 5.0L group trumps him hiring his buddy just because they used to work together

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE

Dude, that's sweet. Do you have to wear orange all of the time if you get the job?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Ha, probably not. Its a field test coordinator position so I would start off doing some of the new upfits (converting from diesel to electric, doing installs) then I would work on monitoring the field test, troubleshooting and testing new equipment on them. Most of the customers are testing one-off units on in-town routes (think FedEx, UPS). We have a class 7 truck but right now we arent doing any line-haul testing

Article on the class 7: https://www.indystar.com/story/mone...t-tesla-unveils-all-electric-truck/609742001/

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Ha, probably not. Its a field test coordinator position so I would start off doing some of the new upfits (converting from diesel to electric, doing installs) then I would work on monitoring the field test, troubleshooting and testing new equipment on them. Most of the customers are testing one-off units on in-town routes (think FedEx, UPS). We have a class 7 truck but right now we arent doing any line-haul testing

Honestly thought of you when I read about that project.

If you gave me $1000 I'd have my car done in time for wookies in the woods (not that I'm taking my GTI to that) :bellyroll:

I can squeeze you in too, $1000 if you finish your car before your thing in the woods

Who else wants in?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Heh, the finishing of it would depend on the money first :lol: