GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good vw repair shop in NYC area?

Por2geezGTI

Hey guys, I currently have my 07 gti fsi at the vw service center in linden nj and they cannot seem to find the issue with my car. I think they may be getting to a point where they want me to pay for replacement parts at my cost to see if any of them fix the issue.. So I was looking to see if anyone can recommend a good shop in the NYC area I can take my car to that has fair pricing and knows these engines well.

I was driving and while accelerating I heard a loud pop/backfire and the car stopped accelerating and a puff of blue smoke came through the vents. After this happened when I tried to accelerate I could hear a very distinct whistle sound and it seemed very underpowered. I thought it was a massive boost leak and they said they did a smoke test and no boost or vac leaks were found which i find to be very odd given the symptoms. I also thought maybe the pcv blew out but they said it checked out fine. If anyone has any thoughts on what the issue may be or if they know of a good mechanic in the area please let me know.

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I currently have my 07 gti fsi at the vw service center in linden nj and they cannot seem to find the issue with my car. I think they may be getting to a point where they want me to pay for replacement parts at my cost to see if any of them fix the issue.. So I was looking to see if anyone can recommend a good shop in the NYC area I can take my car to that has fair pricing and knows these engines well.

I was driving and while accelerating I heard a loud pop/backfire and the car stopped accelerating and a puff of blue smoke came through the vents. After this happened when I tried to accelerate I could hear a very distinct whistle sound and it seemed very underpowered. I thought it was a massive boost leak and they said they did a smoke test and no boost or vac leaks were found which i find to be very odd given the symptoms. I also thought maybe the pcv blew out but they said it checked out fine. If anyone has any thoughts on what the issue may be or if they know of a good mechanic in the area please let me know.

In Brooklyn/Queens area, Tyrol Motor Sports http://www.tyrolsport.com/