The Real FLATTIRE
Got my tail light in, ohhhhh yeahh

Last edited:

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Yup

It has nice interior space, but the 3.6/8speed auto combo didn't do it for me.

My buddy at VW kept insisting to go with the 2.0T instead, BUT VW made those order only for 2018 (except for the S trim) & I didn't want to commit without ever driving one and didn't want the S trim either (if I could find one). The R-line had the looks nailed down too, BUT VW dropped that package for the 2.0t early on or half way thru the build year.
For 2019 now the 2.0T is only available in the S trim.

Add a tune though (since GTI engine/similar anyways) and it'd be more fun than the VR6, IMO

Well, the q7 Audi offers a 2.0t in that big ol’ Thing, assuming it’s the high output version like s3/golf R turbo & such. That may be a rocket utility when flashed lol.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
VCDS changes on the mk7 look like this, with all of the lighting functions in German:

Yeah I was trying to do what I thought were going to be simple functions for a local MK7 guy and it's way more difficult now than the MK5/MK6 days of just checking a box thru the long coding helper (thru VagCom anyways)

He wanted the urban joke tail light thing and I was like, that's gonna take a while....print it off and come back, so I didn't miss a step

I believe most mods are easier thru the OBDeleven tool though

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Yeah I was trying to do what I thought were going to be simple functions for a local MK7 guy and it's way more difficult now than the MK5/MK6 days of just checking a box thru the long coding helper (thru VagCom anyways)

He wanted the urban joke tail light thing and I was like, that's gonna take a while....print it off and come back, so I didn't miss a step

I believe most mods are easier thru the OBDeleven tool though

Yeah it's ridiculous.

OBDeleven leaves a bad taste in my mouth, having to pay for credits. I know in the end it's probably cheaper than VCDS but I like the freedom of doing whatever I want. And actually, with everyone I've helped out over the years VCDS is cheaper.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it's ridiculous.

OBDeleven leaves a bad taste in my mouth, having to pay for credits. I know in the end it's probably cheaper than VCDS but I like the freedom of doing whatever I want. And actually, with everyone I've helped out over the years VCDS is cheaper.

The OBDeleven is rad. You don't have to pay for credits if you wanna do the coding manually. Once I got one I never used our vcds again. VAGcom got way more expensive and IIRC they're limiting vins now which is super stupid.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Yeah it's ridiculous.

Got that right. My hex can has probably paid for itself 3x over the years.

The OBDeleven is rad. You don't have to pay for credits if you wanna do the coding manually. Once I got one I never used our vcds again. VAGcom got way more expensive and IIRC they're limiting vins now which is super stupid.
Sucks they are not selling the micro and hex can anymore. I don't think they can limit vins if you already own a micro or hex can though.