GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Somehow I missed this post but how fucking cool is that

Oh dude, it was awesome. He actually ended up hanging out with us for a while. Then to top it off, when we were at Gridlife south he picked me out of a crowd and pulled me to the side just to talk. Ended up getting my wifes helmet signed as well.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
No Larry, why would I share information that people could use!

Of course lol, front splitter is the Maxton design race splitter. Wing is a BYC (Back Yard Civics). Maxton you can easily find on the internet, they have multiple distributors now. The wing on the other hand is getting tough to get, it's a small part time company based in the UK. Best bet is searching for them on Facebook and try getting ahold of then there.

Thanks, I will keep this just between you and I.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
And so it begins.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I live in Aurora. Is it peeling at all?

Aside from the one tiny corner I caught on the c pillar when I was pulling it out it's in great shape. I live in Lombard so we are super close, if you want to come by and check it out you are more than welcome to.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
When is this getting a proper cage? I wanna see this do some w2w action

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
When is this getting a proper cage? I wanna see this do some w2w action

Full weld in cage next winter. Honestly, probably wont end up doing w2w again as much as I'd like to. I've really been enjoying time attack and like how gridlife has their classes set up. Going to stick with TA in the track mod class for a while. I actually have a shot at being competitive once I get the power addressed.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well, next season the tire game is going to get changed up quite a bit. After far too much research finally decided on our new tires. Maxxis RC1 275/40/17, they are labeled at 100tw but most tests have proven they are actually 80tq. Pretty excited to see how these bad boys do! Might actually have a shot in TA next season. My old Direzza starspecs still have a ton of tread left but just didnt have the grip I needed.