GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Step 5. Cluster change

DeWet

Ready to race!
After months of planning, organizing and waiting my white cluster arrived today.

Now I know this has been done before and the obvious question will be "why didnt you get the premium colour cluster?" but it is what it is and some ppl with children cant spend all their money on toys :)

A big thanks to Marin that sourced the cluster and a GTi ECU for my planned engine upgrade. He coded the cluster and ECU to work with my existing ECU so the engine upgrade will just be plug and play..........hopefully :)

Not much to explain about fitting it, remove old cluster, move old connector plug, add connector converter and put new cluster in.
Change key to have new transponder and ready to go.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I've done the same upgrade. It's a huge impact, since the cluster is what you look at all the time. Modernizes the whole feel of the car.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
Meh thats a plain white cluster like from my tiguan. I prefer my gti's cluster over the white one anyday. Where did you source a plug convertor?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DeWet

Ready to race!
Meh thats a plain white cluster like from my tiguan. I prefer my gti's cluster over the white one anyday. Where did you source a plug convertor?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I got the cluster and adapter from Marin in the states. He coded it for me with a GTI ecu so I can do an engine conversion later

With the 110kmh limit here and crazy fine amounts plus demerit points the 240 is really ok :)

mk5.vinny

Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
After months of planning, organizing and waiting my white cluster arrived today.

Now I know this has been done before and the obvious question will be "why didnt you get the premium colour cluster?" but it is what it is and some ppl with children cant spend all their money on toys :)

A big thanks to Marin that sourced the cluster and a GTi ECU for my planned engine upgrade. He coded the cluster and ECU to work with my existing ECU so the engine upgrade will just be plug and play..........hopefully :)

Not much to explain about fitting it, remove old cluster, move old connector plug, add connector converter and put new cluster in.
Change key to have new transponder and ready to go.

Heyy is there any chance you have a contact information on the person that did your cluster i have just bout the same cluster and i have no idea on bow to work it plus it doesnt even fit in the plug