GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Urgent - Door Skin Removal DIY

edison_GTI

Candy White FTW
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Hey guys, I need to check the inside of the doors for rattles. For that, I will have to remove the outer door skins. I already removed the door panels, but the rattle originates from somewhere inside the door.

Do you guys have access to a Bentley manual and post how to remove the outer door skin?

Thanks, Edison.

edison_GTI

Candy White FTW
Car(s)
2006 GTI
The door skin is bolted to the door frame. I want to know how to remove the handle. Check it out:

thomaschh

Banned
Hey guys, I need to check the inside of the doors for rattles. For that, I will have to remove the outer door skins. I already removed the door panels, but the rattle originates from somewhere inside the door.

Do you guys have access to a Bentley manual and post how to remove the outer door skin?

Thanks, Edison.

How to remove door skin:
Drive to dealer and tell them to fix the rattles.

Seriously, don't you think you should let them take care of that. Warranty is your friend. :thumbsup:

Cryptic1911

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008.5 GTI
you have to jiggle the handle and pull it towards the back of the car. the front part goes in and has a U section that clips in around a post. it just pops off. just jiggle it around and pull it back, it should come off

Jol-a

Car(s)
Golf TSI with DSG
I finally got it off! Thanks guys :thumbsup:

First it seemed that it won't come out, but when I got mad, then it gave up :fighting0030:

I allready gave some Dynamat treatment for the skin :wink:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Just a quick one guys, do the door skins go back into place easily in terms of aligning them? Getting some dynamat today and want a good job with the skins off.

Cheers,

Edit: taking the skin off to apply dynamat seems a bit hardcore, and the audio shop says they can unroll it and get almost the same finish from the inside of the door.