GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well, I met with AUTuning today, work will begin on Saturday. Looking forward to working with them.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I love Vossen Series 17 wheels...but 19" is their minimum diameter and they begin at $1700/ea. You can get them finished in just about any color you like though :thumbsup: https://vossenwheels.com/wheel/s17-01/

This RS7 is local...was at 503 Motoring when I got Tints and was at Shift Sector doing 160's mph standing 1/2 mile ET's.

CCW does have a nice selection too.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I love Vossen Series 17 wheels...but 19" is their minimum diameter and they begin at $1700/ea. You can get them finished in just about any color you like though :thumbsup: https://vossenwheels.com/wheel/s17-01/

This RS7 is local...was at 503 Motoring when I got Tints and was at Shift Sector doing 160's mph standing 1/2 mile ET's.

CCW does have a nice selection too.

Vossen Forged have some nice wheels, a lot more than I want to spend though.

RS7 with APR Stage II (104 race fuel) is supposed to be 759/859 crank. Nothing quite like a twin turbo V8

Not sure what I will end up with in terms of a wheel set. Just working on getting car all dialed in and running. Once that is done I will tackle wheels and fender flares.

I am considering buying a newer S6 and you can stage3 them (go with RS7 Turbo setup) and get 707/714 with race fuel making it a performance bargain compared to the RS7.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well AUTuning is soooo busy that there hasn't been much done on my GTI yet. While I would like to get this done, I am also happy to have it done by them.

So I was tired of driving around with just one car between my wife and I. We have been driving the 2007 A8 and just love it for a road car. So I purchased another car today, won't get it for a week or so.

Picked up a 2014 A8L 3.0TDI. Black with tan interior. 34000 miles. 36mpg on hwy

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Well AUTuning is soooo busy that there hasn't been much done on my GTI yet. While I would like to get this done, I am also happy to have it done by them.

So I was tired of driving around with just one car between my wife and I. We have been driving the 2007 A8 and just love it for a road car. So I purchased another car today, won't get it for a week or so.

Picked up a 2014 A8L 3.0TDI. Black with tan interior. 34000 miles. 36mpg on hwy

Congratulations for the new car and hopefully the GTI will be finished soon.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Nice choice on the A8 TDI....wouldn't mind a GTD for daily running around.

The S6 mentioned isn't a bad way to go. I could easily go with the RS3 when the price gets lower and one in Nardo were available; https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Audi-RS-3-d2564#listing=205035315

...but I know I would most likely go with a MK7Golf R. Wouldn't cry if the Scirocco R would come soon and if it would have a 2.5L TSI. Would be a nice top VW choice in their lineup and the 2.5t would move it a notch away from the Golf R.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Nice choice on the A8 TDI....wouldn't mind a GTD for daily running around.

The S6 mentioned isn't a bad way to go. I could easily go with the RS3 when the price gets lower and one in Nardo were available; https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Audi-RS-3-d2564#listing=205035315

...but I know I would most likely go with a MK7Golf R. Wouldn't cry if the Scirocco R would come soon and if it would have a 2.5L TSI. Would be a nice top VW choice in their lineup and the 2.5t would move it a notch away from the Golf R.

I picked it up for 33,500 with 34,000 miles on it and 7 months left on factory warranty. The A8L with that long wheelbase and the oversized plush air cooled seats is a dream on the road and with 36mpg on hwy it is a great combo.

S6 would be fun but not as nice as the A8L for road trips.

My dream hatchback would be one of those HPA 3.6l twin turbo Golf Mk6 R setups. Just can't get them licensed here in California.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Saw HPA's Monster....You should move up to Oregon, LOL. I am happy with my current power since never getting beat up badly here...but would be friggin giddy with a sleeper looking 2.5t vehicle or a 5-door Golf R in the future. I kept my MK5 as sleeper looking as I could. When I am sitting at a light though, and I notice someone next to me is looking over...I notice they are looking at its BBK and that might be giving it away a bit.

Last weekend the GTG kids excited seeing it lifting it's wheels on a slightly inclined driveway to park it...

Cannot wait to see some track pics of yours when completed. :thumbsup:

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Before you hit the track with those tubular control arms make sure you have a way to keep the adjustment nuts from loosening. I did just over 400km getting to the track, lapping all day, and getting back home and I'm getting clunking from the right wheel because of loose nuts. I'm going to try safety wire to keep them tight

Also, did you end up deciding which Autopower half cage to order? I called them today to ask about mounting points for the rear bars. They said that the bolt in ones bolt to the sides of the fender wells but the U-Weld ones can mount directly to them. The rear bars actually come completely separate from the main hoop and you have to notch and weld them on but you can do that and have them mounted straight into the fenders and then just drill the pads to use it as a bolt in cage. I'm hoping to order one for myself tomorrow.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Before you hit the track with those tubular control arms make sure you have a way to keep the adjustment nuts from loosening. I did just over 400km getting to the track, lapping all day, and getting back home and I'm getting clunking from the right wheel because of loose nuts. I'm going to try safety wire to keep them tight

Also, did you end up deciding which Autopower half cage to order? I called them today to ask about mounting points for the rear bars. They said that the bolt in ones bolt to the sides of the fender wells but the U-Weld ones can mount directly to them. The rear bars actually come completely separate from the main hoop and you have to notch and weld them on but you can do that and have them mounted straight into the fenders and then just drill the pads to use it as a bolt in cage. I'm hoping to order one for myself tomorrow.

I had ordered the bolt in cage, but dropped the order on the bolt in because of how the rear mounted. When I finally get my car back I will do a weld in.

If I recall you got the ultra adjustable tubulars. I got the regular tubulars so I have less to worry about in terms of possible adjustable areas that can come loose but I will heed your warning. Other than that, how did they perform for you?

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
I had ordered the bolt in cage, but dropped the order on the bolt in because of how the rear mounted. When I finally get my car back I will do a weld in.

If I recall you got the ultra adjustable tubulars. I got the regular tubulars so I have less to worry about in terms of possible adjustable areas that can come loose but I will heed your warning. Other than that, how did they perform for you?

Ok, I'm going in the same direction. I called the local distributor earlier today and I'm about to email him to get the ball rolling on ordering. Unfortunately being in Canada adds a tons of complication and expense but I need a cage and this is the only way to do it until I'm ready for a welded in six point.

I did get the Ultra's. To be honest I don't know if I can give any feedback on how they perform. With six months between this past track day and the last one of 2017 I've lost my frame of reference. The car just feels like a wild animal compared to the in every way compared to my Kia daily.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Ok, I'm going in the same direction. I called the local distributor earlier today and I'm about to email him to get the ball rolling on ordering. Unfortunately being in Canada adds a tons of complication and expense but I need a cage and this is the only way to do it until I'm ready for a welded in six point.

I did get the Ultra's. To be honest I don't know if I can give any feedback on how they perform. With six months between this past track day and the last one of 2017 I've lost my frame of reference. The car just feels like a wild animal compared to the in every way compared to my Kia daily.

I have not driven my car since last July so when I finally get all this stuff done it will be hard to remember what it was all like before, so I know what you mean.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thoughts on these for a street wheel?