GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So motor and trans went in this weekend. Front brakes too and few other bits and pieces.

RS3 Master and new booster in as well.

Motor and trans in.
Motor mounts went in yesterday pics above. Pendulum arm went in today. Turbo matched right up to downpipe with no problems.

Last pic for today

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Damn son, congratulations!!!!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Damn son, congratulations!!!!

Thanks man, hoping to have it mostly back together with front on by next weekend and then it gets shipped to AuTuning to get suspension setup, Aquamist install and dyno tuning.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Asking for suggestions on wheels

First a quick story.

Back in September 2017 I ordered some WatercooldIND BL8 wheels. Folks on here warned me that I should not order from them - lots of bad juju. Well I ordered and paid for the wheels in full and they never delivered them to me. Lots of excuses and stories but I never got my wheels. Thanks to Paypal I just received a full refund today almost 6 months later. Paypal is awesome.

So this time I am going to listen to the forum and I am going to take suggestions if you don't mind submitting them.

So if you are inclined to submit a suggestion I would be grateful.

• 18in to clear the 18z brakes
  • I will add flares to clear larger wheels as needed or not (open to suggestions)
  • This set will serve as dual purpose street/track but this car will only be for fun type driving not for transportation. I may do seperate set for track only later.

So if you had up to 4K to spend on a set of wheels what would you recommend? All suggestions and pics are welcome. My last endeavor didn't turn out well and I got lucky so this time I am going to consult with the group.

Thanks in advance for all that are willing to help.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
First a quick story.

Back in September 2017 I ordered some WatercooldIND BL8 wheels. Folks on here warned me that I should not order from them - lots of bad juju. Well I ordered and paid for the wheels in full and they never delivered them to me. Lots of excuses and stories but I never got my wheels. Thanks to Paypal I just received a full refund today almost 6 months later. Paypal is awesome.

So this time I am going to listen to the forum and I am going to take suggestions if you don't mind submitting them.

So if you are inclined to submit a suggestion I would be grateful.

• 18in to clear the 18z brakes
  • I will add flares to clear larger wheels as needed or not (open to suggestions)
  • This set will serve as dual purpose street/track but this car will only be for fun type driving not for transportation. I may do seperate set for track only later.

So if you had up to 4K to spend on a set of wheels what would you recommend? All suggestions and pics are welcome. My last endeavor didn't turn out well and I got lucky so this time I am going to consult with the group.

Thanks in advance for all that are willing to help.

I would go for Volk Racing or Pur Wheels.
Both have great forged wheels but I am sure Pur Wheels is much expensive than Volk Racing

https://www.rayswheels.co.jp/products/brand_detail.php?lang=en&brand=VOLK

http://purwheels.com/

I already contacted them but unfortunately due to the shipping, taxes and custom the cost will be close to double but I think this won’t be your case.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
If you're willing to spend that much then my choice will always be Rays. I'm in love with my TE37's as much as I was when I first got them and when I eventually shove something seriously wide up front it'll be another Rays product

For less money I'd be looking at Enkei or OZ

Bluepower

Passed Driver's Ed
Rays, Volk, Enkei, but also Konig Hypergrams.. All very light(lowering rotational weight does do tremendously much for the handling.. so also get some 2-piece brake discs!!)
I really love your setup right now!

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
If you're willing to spend that much then my choice will always be Rays. I'm in love with my TE37's as much as I was when I first got them and when I eventually shove something seriously wide up front it'll be another Rays product

For less money I'd be looking at Enkei or OZ

Having said that, unless you can find a set on a shelf it'll take five months to get a new set of Rays. With a Euro bolt pattern not being as common you might not be able to get them as quick as you might want

It was about five and a half months to get mine

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Rays or CCW's. CCW is super reasonably priced, and will build you wheels to your exact specifications.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Rays, Volk, Enkei, but also Konig Hypergrams.. All very light(lowering rotational weight does do tremendously much for the handling.. so also get some 2-piece brake discs!!)
I really love your setup right now!

This is what I say every time someone puts larger brakes on :lol: Seems like everyone always uses single piece, boat anchors. I say buy a set of CCWs and use that extra $1500 to buy some good brake rotors :biggrin:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Rays or CCW's. CCW is super reasonably priced, and will build you wheels to your exact specifications.

This is what I say every time someone puts larger brakes on :lol: Seems like everyone always uses single piece, boat anchors. I say buy a set of CCWs and use that extra $1500 to buy some good brake rotors :biggrin:

Well I do really like the CCWs but they are not going to be priced such that the cost will be around 2500, they will be more like 4K.

I am going to get some 2 piece rotors just to finish out the brake system. This will happen after the car is tuned and on the road.

The car is heading off to AU Tuning in Huntington Beach tomorrow to get the Aquamist system setup and for the car to get custom tuning.

Once the car is on the road I will take care of installing the new wheels and fender flares, 2 piece rotors and a roll bar.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well the car was taken down to AU Tuning in Huntington Beach.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Whoop! Whoop! Can't wait!

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Well I do really like the CCWs but they are not going to be priced such that the cost will be around 2500, they will be more like 4K.

I am going to get some 2 piece rotors just to finish out the brake system. This will happen after the car is tuned and on the road.

The car is heading off to AU Tuning in Huntington Beach tomorrow to get the Aquamist system setup and for the car to get custom tuning.

Once the car is on the road I will take care of installing the new wheels and fender flares, 2 piece rotors and a roll bar.

Last time I quoted a set for mine they were gonna be $2700. :iono: Have you actually contacted them?