Ready to race!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
They'll physically fit, but the MK5 & MK6 Eibach Pro-Kit springs ARE different
(MK5 are linear, MK6 are progressive)

So the drop will be different, but they could work

larcic

Ready to race!
isn't progressive suspension better than linear?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
isn't progressive suspension better than linear?

Depends what you're doing with the car. Progressive will give you a much smoother ride as the spring starts soft and gets stiffer as it compress's. Linear is better for track and sport driving as the suspension is more predictable and consistent since the spring rate doesn't change.

larcic

Ready to race!
Depends what you're doing with the car. Progressive will give you a much smoother ride as the spring starts soft and gets stiffer as it compress's. Linear is better for track and sport driving as the suspension is more predictable and consistent since the spring rate doesn't change.

I see, the car will remain a street car and probably never touch the track. that being said will the mk6 spring rate give me any problems?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I see, the car will remain a street car and probably never touch the track. that being said will the mk6 spring rate give me any problems?

The MK6 kit has stiffer spring rates than the MKV kit. So will it give you problems, no, will it be slightly stiffer, yes. The MK6 and MKV are literally the same chassis with a different body and some minor electrical and mechanical differences. Suspension wise they are identical so coilovers/spring and shocks can go either way.

VW is pretty big on parts bin cars. That's how the MK6 R came into existence. If you do your research you'd be amazed at how many parts cross over all over the place in the VAG lineup. Hell I'm running Audi TTRS front spindles and control arms with Golf R/R32 brakes, Tiguan/CC R line rear spindles, TTRS master cylinder, etc. All of those were basically direct bolt on for me.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

You see a generic photo on the internet, so must be true :iono:

AGAIN, the MK5 springs are linear:

The MK6 are progressive (dead coils on top) and give a bigger drop, while also riding a little rougher on the OEM struts/shocks.. Plan on upgraded dampers to go with them, if you do buy them, or it'll be bouncy (I had them before)