GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flipping Switches

Martyn

Hi, this weekend I replaced my drinks holder as the sliding lid was broken up and wouldn't move at all.
Not sure if you are aware but you have to take apart the whole car to get this done.
So, late last night, I was kind of eager to get it completed, and was a bit heavy handed putting the ESP Switch connector in and the Tyre Pressure swith next to it - I pushed both too hard and the things both popped up out of their holes in the unit they sit in.

Because I hadn't really looked at this BEFORE, I don't really understand how they are kept in there anyway - Some Little Metal Strips fell out......what would this be two per switch and how do they fit in and stop the thing popping out....? Do they fix / glue to the switch.

Also, the tyre pressure switch fell apart and I hastily put it back together in the dark with a torch and am not totally sure if it is working or not.

So,

1. How do these switches stay in place and not pop out......?
2. What should happen when you push the Tyre Pressure switch - Should it light up or do anything else......?

Cheers, Martyn

macad

apple pixel pusher
Attached are pictures of a switch, that little please of metal just sits in there, I lost one side when I did mine but the switch sits in there fine.

After pressing and holding the tyre pressure a light should show on the dash.

Attachments

• IMG_2019_2.jpg
    IMG_2019_2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2020_2.jpg
    IMG_2020_2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 240

Martyn

Thanks very much Macad for your reply.

I have two metal bits (must have mis placed two) - For Two Switches
I have put one on each and all seems to be okay.

The Tyre presure button does put a light on in the dash and bong if I hold it down for a couple of seconds - So all good there as awell

btw - I rang vw parts and they said you cant justbuy the metal strips - comes with the switch....!!

ESP Switch -$198 and Tyre Switch $68 - So thanks for their help..!

Cheers, Martyn

Martyn

Thanks very much for your reply Macad

I have two metal bits (must have mis placed two) - For Two Switches
I have put one on each and all seems to be okay.

The Tyre presure button does put a light on in the dash and bong if I hold it down for a couple of seconds - So all good there as awell

btw - I rang vw parts and they said you cant justbuy the metal strips - comes with the switch....!!

ESP Switch -$198 and Tyre Switch $68 - So thanks for their help..!

Cheers, Martyn