- 3” cat-back from magna flow
- 2.5” intake K&N
- DV relocation kit from Unitronic
- S3 fuel Injectors
- HPFP upgrade kit from Integrated Engineering
- RS4 fuel relief valve OEM
- R8 Coils
- NGK BKR8 spark-plugs

I’m facing randome missfire on higher RPM’s above 4500 and car condition is lean i have a VCDS and there is no fault code available. If i drive notmaly without hitting hard on gas there is no problem detected but when i push it hard and start to acceleration boom misfire and backfire all the way. Can any one help me with this issue ?!!

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Do you have to go colder heat range plugs with the turbo upgrade? Also do you have the golf R/s3 map/baro sensor that should go with the stuff you listed?

DeepBlue

Ready to race!
I have GTI MKV stage 2+ unitronic

List of modification:
- Mahle K04 Turbocharge OEM
- 304 stainless steel down-pipe & mid pipe 3”
- 3” cat-back from magna flow
- 2.5” intake K&N
- DV relocation kit from Unitronic
- S3 fuel Injectors
- HPFP upgrade kit from Integrated Engineering
- RS4 fuel relief valve OEM
- R8 Coils
- NGK BKR8 spark-plugs

I’m facing randome missfire on higher RPM’s above 4500 and car condition is lean i have a VCDS and there is no fault code available. If i drive notmaly without hitting hard on gas there is no problem detected but when i push it hard and start to acceleration boom misfire and backfire all the way. Can any one help me with this issue ?!!

Yep, had exactly same symptoms show up twice over the years and my car is modded similar to yours. In both cases, it was blown coil packs. Car will drive normally until you push it or better yet, go WOT. Then CEL blinking and single or multi cylinder misfire codes.

This could happen even if you updated coil packs, I blew up a factory set first time and an R8 red set second time. Something about extra power or mods or whatever...

Remedy in my case both times was to swap all 4 coil packs and spark plugs. No more issues afterwards. Cost was roughly $200-300.