GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FOR SALE : Witson Sat Nav Head Unit to suit MkV

Turtle

Drag Racing Champion
Hey guys, I have a Witson head unit pulled from my MkV GTI. Has worked faithfully and never missed a beat.

Potentially a one of a kind, I modded the graphics (there is a thread if you look me up) with a GTI FAST theme I created and shared in the thread. Screenshots at bottom (think this was an older version of theme loaded, note the GTI Media theme loaded as per insitu photo)

If you are looking for a cheap update to a stock head unit this is a great option.

DVD player, Bluetooth phone functionality, iPod/iPhone cable connection (30 pin style so need a lightning adaptor for newer phones), Navigation - load what you want via SD card (eg Tom Tom, iGo, ...), has the dual Farkra adaptor for factory radio antennae connection, usb media player, can take a reverse camera (untested), outputs for sub, amp etc (also untested) includes GPS antennae for nav and canbus for steering controls. Will include SD card.

Fits dash perfectly and same finish, looks OEM in place. Watch a YouTube clip on how to remove existing one and it is a very simple install. 2 connections to make, plug in factory loom and antenna plug and your done. Takes 30-45 minutes allowing for time being very careful to remove plastic trim. All steering controls worked for me (I have half height MFD).

It's out of the dash now, PM me an offer, love to see it find a new home. If no interest will end up on eBay or Gumtree.

Also have the original box and protective foam still so can easily organise postage and should travel safely.

https://vimeo.com/179415760

Last edited:

Turtle

Drag Racing Champion
Added video of it running, week ago before taken out. Have also dug up all the working files I created for artwork. Layered PSD files, what looks like the firmware for doing updates. Posting here in case anyone with one of these units is after them. I hadn't logged into the forum for a few years and found couple of PMs requesting the artwork.

Video of it running
https://vimeo.com/179415760

Dropbox - zip file of Artwork and firmware etc