GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MKV Resonator Delete?

nickygym

Ready to race!
I have been looking for a way to make my car louder with out breaking the bank. I have been looking at getting a resonator delete mod, but first I have a few questions.
On a few videos that I have seen, the car makes a loud sucking noise when not accelerating, is that how all are?
Also, what do the terms, "ricing", "drone" mean when referring to exhausts?
Does a resonator delete affect milage, or life span of the car?
Thanks.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Resonator delete sounds great. It does drone a bit on the highway at certain RPM's.

Doesnt sound ricey (doesnt sound like a can of nails in a tin can attached to a honda civic).

When its humid and cold out, the exhaust will pop more, its neat.

The loud sucking noise is an intake under acceleration. Your car wont sound like that unless you have one.

It does not hurt the car in any way.

Here are a few videos:

RedLine GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Basically what he said...doesn't make you faster or change your mpg besides the sound. Because you like the sound more to will probably be on it more and lower your mpg though. For 40 to 50 bucks its worth it if you want to be louder and not break the bank

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
Do the shops that do this for $30-$40 bucks.....do they replace with stainless or some cheap AL tubing that will eventually rust out?

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Do the shops that do this for $30-$40 bucks.....do they replace with stainless or some cheap AL tubing that will eventually rust out?

Mines done with aluminium. It cost me like 70 bucks, but so far its been great. 2 years and no problems.