GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Name that price!!!!!

jifjifjif

OK, folks. Let's play........Name that PRICE!!!

Here's how to play.........

I am going to describe the vehicle in question to you to the best of my ability. You name the price that you would pay for the vehicle. Note: I am not selling anything here. I am actually about to buy this exact car and I'm wondering if my purchase price lines up with what you guys think. Just looking for what you think you'd pay for this vehicle if you were looking for a used car.

Here we go!.....

2007 GTI in white - 2 door
141,000 miles
6 speed manual
Spec Stage 2+
Ko4 turbo
R8 coil packs
S3 injectors
New Timing Belt
New Water Pump
New Clutch
New suspension
Good tires
Upgraded motor mounts

No dings or anything on the outside. Inside is in decent shape for it's age.

Now, I know that you cannot truly put a true price on it, because you don't know exactly how it's been cared for and what maintenance has been done on it, but from what I understand, it has been well maintained at VW service centers and the owner knows how to work on it.

So........a ballpark number.....what would you pay for it IF you were looking to buy this exact car?

crazylegs

Passed Driver's Ed
Based on the fact that I have been trying to sell my car for the past 2 years....I would say the other person is asking $6,575-$7,200 but I would pay $4,250 AT MOST. Remember, mods do not raise the value of the car, they do not enhance the value of the car. We often forget that because we are on a forum where a majority of us mod. 2 door also decreases the value, in terms of KBB, which I believe is total BS anyways. Curious to see some other replies.

jifjifjif

Thanks for the guesses, Harp and Crazy Legs. I'm just waiting to get some more guesses and then I will reveal the price that I am actually paying.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Most of what you have described are necessary wear and tear items at that mileage so no factor really. Autotrader has a couple of '07 and '08's at dealers priced at $6500 so I'll say $5800 to $6000 in a private sale. Cam follower, HPFP and lobe okay???

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Depending on paint and rust as well as condition of exterior plastics (such as headlight lenses), I'd give it $5K to $5.5K (after a test drive confirming there aren't other issues, and I'd want to hook it up to a good scanner as well). Oh, and that exhaust is expensive, so I'd like to know a bit more about the exhaust condition on a 2007.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
OK, folks. Let's play........Name that PRICE!!!

Here's how to play.........

I am going to describe the vehicle in question to you to the best of my ability. You name the price that you would pay for the vehicle. Note: I am not selling anything here. I am actually about to buy this exact car and I'm wondering if my purchase price lines up with what you guys think. Just looking for what you think you'd pay for this vehicle if you were looking for a used car.

Here we go!.....

2007 GTI in white - 2 door
141,000 miles
6 speed manual
Spec Stage 2+
Ko4 turbo
R8 coil packs
S3 injectors
New Timing Belt
New Water Pump
New Clutch
New suspension
Good tires
Upgraded motor mounts

No dings or anything on the outside. Inside is in decent shape for it's age.

Now, I know that you cannot truly put a true price on it, because you don't know exactly how it's been cared for and what maintenance has been done on it, but from what I understand, it has been well maintained at VW service centers and the owner knows how to work on it.

So........a ballpark number.....what would you pay for it IF you were looking to buy this exact car?

Salvage Title??

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Most of what you have described are necessary wear and tear items at that mileage so no factor really. Autotrader has a couple of '07 and '08's at dealers priced at $6500 so I'll say $5800 to $6000 in a private sale. Cam follower, HPFP and lobe okay???

Dealer used car mark up is NOT actual value tho. They scoop them at wholesale to flip a later profit. This many years old tho, you won’t see them on “dealership lots”, independent used lots maybe, but they don’t really fix shit, especially 140k+? Value is basically already gone (unless collectors item )

jifjifjif

Clean title and 3"Magnaflow the whole way.

Thanks for the guesses. I'll reveal pretty soon.

jifjifjif

OK, folks, it's time for the reveal.......

$3,000

I feel like I am getting a pretty good deal!