GOLFMKV

ME & MY MKV Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost)

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Need your advise about JE Pistons 8.5:1 or 9.5:1

Hi Guys,
I am confused between the JE Pistons 8.5:1 or 9.5:1 for the 2.0T FSI engine. I am already running the JE 9.5:1 in my setup with GTX2867R but I am preparing another engine for another car and I will use GTX2867R kit for a while then I will replace it by EFR7163 kit.

Target:
Like all of us (crazy people) to run an aggressive setup/tune with maximum power the car can get with 0 timing pull

Note:
The fueling here is VERY bad, the octane 95 we have here which is equal to RON98 is like octane 91 = RON93.
I will run the octane 95 we have here with WMI 50/50

What is your opinion/advise?

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3797505#post3797505

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Scirocco Project

I will jump the GTX2867R and engine modifications journey because I will repeat it in the coming one! :biggrin:

I was looking for a Rocco to swap to it, I bought a used 2011 Scirocco White/Black 1.4TSI, the engine of it is damaged and it was parked for a while in the agency warehouse, so it looks like what I am looking for.

some pic from the previous owner gallery

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

and here without engine

IMG_7359.JPG

IMG_7362.JPG

IMG_7363.JPG

IMG_7366.JPG

then we cleaned the engine bay and the installation process started

IMG_7445.JPG

IMG_7447.JPG

IMG_7446.JPG

more is coming :wink:

Last edited:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
So, after the engine installation went successfully we moved to the interior! :thumbsup:

IMG_7499.JPG

IMG_7500.JPG

IMG_7501.JPG

I have some requests to have it in the car.

Dynaudio, OEM front parking sensor, 220 power output socket, tire pressure switch, etc...

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_7498.JPG

IMG_7494.JPG

IMG_7497.JPG

The interior installation went successfully yesterday but I don't have pics of it yet.

The car will move today/tomorrow for painting, I will go for "Oryx - Weiss with Pearl Effect (L0K1)" which the color I really love it.

The paining process is expected to take around 15 days, and after that I will drive the car for a while then the engine modifications and some parts movement from the MKV to the Rocco will start :cool:

Wish me luck because I think I will need it and more than that too!

Last edited:

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Coming along nicely! Looks like the Scirocco shell was just what you wanted and a great place to start.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I love this kind of project. What kind of weight difference are you looking at here?

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I love this kind of project. What kind of weight difference are you looking at here?

I am not targeting a specific weight.
The MKV curb weight is between 1,323 kg (2,917 lb) to 1,617 kg (3,565 lb) while the Scirocco Curb weight is 1,298 kg (2,862 lb), so the Rocco is lighter by 25kg or more, I can say 120kg in average.
Also, in the Rocco I will try to move the best from the MKV and install new stuff if it is really better and worth!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Painting update

Here are pics from the painting process;

IMG_7584.JPG

IMG_7585.JPG

IMG_7587.JPG

IMG_7588.JPG

IMG_7591.JPG

The roof still pending and I am not expecting to complete the process before 2 weeks!
I found that the front pumper must be replaced as there are lots of cracks inside it, and I don't wanna go for the R style as I like having fog lights & DRL not only DRL.
I want to go for Scirocco rear diffuser conversion to r style, but I couldn't find yet a rubber one on the internet.