GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 2015 Jetta Sport. Going to miss my GLI :(

danman132x

Ready to race!
Bought a new 2015 Jetta Sport on Saturday. I saw a friends version of this car and really liked it, so when I went to the dealership I saw this one and it was STICK SHIFT, which is what really sold me. I didn't want an auto, but more on that in a second. Overall, I think the car looks great and I like it overall. I love the milage, i'm getting about 35 on the interstate right now and 25+ in the city. Beats my old GLI by far.. This was another deciding factor, I love being able to put regular gas now. I love the interior and the rims. I took off the lee vw stickers and advertising plate also and put my own.

Now for the small things that bother me some, especially coming from my loaded GLI with everything in the books. I wasn't aware of the lighting package when I bought it. I saw the headlights before on some new jettas with the LED's, but I thought it was an add on maybe. I didn't know it was a special package at the time. This is the number one thing that bugs me. A lot. I want those bi-xenons and LED running lights. Along with the other goodies in the package. No interior sunvisor lights, no red lights above the shifter and no true MFD gauges. I miss those things. If I knew all this, I wouldn't have jumped at this one quite so quick. I'm trying to talk to the dealership to see if they can get me a deal on the headlights and install them for me. I don't think it be easy as plug and play. I have vag-com, but apparently you need a CECM or some module also. Hopefully they work something out. Also no painted side mirrors with no integrated turn signals.

Coming from a 6 speed to a 5 speed is also a small let down. The gear ratio on this thing is crazy! There is a huge RPM difference between gears. My 06 GLI shifted quicker and much more fun overall. VW really cheaped out on this transmission. Should have a 6 speed for sure. And that leads to the turbo lag. I feel that this car BOGS down a lot between shifts. I know it's no GLI, but wow. The turbo seems to take forever to spool back up. It's noticeable when it kicks back in and gives you a boost in speed. This is where my parents 2015 passat with the same engine, but auto transmission feels quicker. It shifts and no real lag. Don't have to let go of the throttle of course like in a manual.. The auto shifts pretty quick from what I've noticed when I drove it.

Those are the main 2 things that bug me. Other than that, great car. Already did some vag-com ing. Brights with fog-lights at same time and windows roll down with key fob.

Here some pics!

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Car looks good in white and those seats...:thumbsup:
I'm thinking you can remedy the small issues you have with the car with an ecu tune and some browsing through the vortex classifieds. The lighting package really makes a big difference to the front end of the mk6 Jettas too.