GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Average City MPG What are you seeing?

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
I've been only able to muster up 17.4 city

But I tend to drive like a bat outta hell..............soo much fun..especially arounds corners........:biggrin:

25.04mpg, averaged over 3 years & 25K miles.

BranCKY3

rubndub
Car(s)
2007 GTI
On my way in to work this morning my MFD said 28.6mpg, all city. I'm at 330 miles on this tank and the light just came on

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
I've got better gas mileage with stock mode (300 miles/tank).
But, I get about 250 miles/tank with revo stage 2.

jbx3000

I average 25.x city driving, 2 door 6mt gross weight around 3000 lbs
traffic is usually light, where I live is a few hundred feet over sea level
almost got 9000 miles on it, last fillup checked out at 27.1 mpg ( all city )

I don't get much freeway driving but going by the MFD I get anywhere from 32-33
when going 75-80 mph to 37-38 mpg when going 60-65

My computer is optimistic just like one of the previous poster said, 1-1.5 better than calculated. My city driving #'s I'm able to calculate myself. The computer tells me my
range is 435 or so when I fillup

VW site says the DSG has better EPA rating than the MT ( city )
I've never seen that on other cars and I'm skeptical that its true in real world driving with
this car either

2009 bmp

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
depends on what time i get out of work , earlu city driving is good anything after 4-5pm in sandiego blows

omg516

Ready to race!
how are you guys getting close to 30mpg city? is that stock? i have a tough time believing that unless you guys are calling putting around your small towns "city" driving.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
how are you guys getting close to 30mpg city? is that stock? i have a tough time believing that unless you guys are calling putting around your small towns "city" driving.

1. Don't run the a/c.
2. Accelerate briskly to the speed limit, then get off the gas and shift to the highest possible gear to coast.
3. Pray to God/Jesus/Satan that you catch most of the lights green.

Use your MFD to train your foot. Unless St Louis is a small town, I don't think that city size matters.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
What's weird is I get better mileage with the A/C on on the highway. For some reason boost creeps up slower and I can keep it below -10 vacuum. It's marginal, but better by 1-2 MPGs.. It's stage II though, in stock mode this theory is out the window. I've been playing the MPG game to and from work since it's all highway boringness and now my overall average is at 29! I miss back road driving though...