GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bags>Coils>Bags?

e_a_u_c

Ready to race!

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW
At a show I'd say that last little bit of low bags give is what sets it off.

However, everyone is going on bags these days, and I think its way ballsier to ride with your subframe <1" off the deck.

QFT!

sometimes i wish i had air because theres certain places i cant go with my car lol but i can never afford that so ill stick to my FKs :thumbsup:

Jonny_5

Ready to race!
If my dub was strictly a hobby car I would have kept my coils, but it's my only car so with bags I can have a practical errand/hauling people around kinda car and still be low other times.

At shows a bag setup definitely adds to the overall package of a car if you do a nice trunk set up.

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
Great opinion guys. I was at 21.5 from fender to ground and the frame about an inch of the ground, at 90mph I would merge lanes and knock of road reflectors. Road trips were also horrible and people wld tell me to raise it but I didn't listen lol sooo since I have experianced that, I will tell anyone who tells me fuk bags to fuk off bc I would know both worlds lol..no I would be running airlift xtra low struts and bags, koni sport strut rears, autopilot managment, 480 dual compressors, and easy street manifolds : ) ... I guess u guys have a point about bags at show but I was able to win best in class over a bagged jetta, clean ass looking ride, when I first saw it I'm lik o shit I lost lol but luckly I didn't. This was a big event too.

Ok for those bagged, how often do you experience leaks, blow outs, or any other problems? How do you align the car if you keep going up and down lol does it affect tire wear? Any reviews on the setup I posted... Thanks! And I am excited for this =D

theghost84

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI UG 6MT
Great opinion guys. I was at 21.5 from fender to ground and the frame about an inch of the ground, at 90mph I would merge lanes and knock of road reflectors. Road trips were also horrible and people wld tell me to raise it but I didn't listen lol sooo since I have experianced that, I will tell anyone who tells me fuk bags to fuk off bc I would know both worlds lol..no I would be running airlift xtra low struts and bags, koni sport strut rears, autopilot managment, 480 dual compressors, and easy street manifolds : ) ... I guess u guys have a point about bags at show but I was able to win best in class over a bagged jetta, clean ass looking ride, when I first saw it I'm lik o shit I lost lol but luckly I didn't. This was a big event too.

Ok for those bagged, how often do you experience leaks, blow outs, or any other problems? How do you align the car if you keep going up and down lol does it affect tire wear? Any reviews on the setup I posted... Thanks! And I am excited for this =D

X2 excellent questions curious as well

kgspeed700

Ready to race!
I love a bagged car and will always give props to the owner. But i have to say I love a static car alot more. Its is the original Low and what started it all. STATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLKSUNSHINE

Banned
Car(s)
BAGGED MKV GTI

There are so many factors to your questions...And you will hear a million and one different opinions...

If you purchase good products and don't cheap out on materials you will be "less" prone to leaks..there is no such thing as a perfect setup! (It's air, so there is up-keep, but nothing you can't do if you do some research and you are mechanically inclined). Blow outs typically occur from a bad installation.. Typically the bag will rub on a tire up front or the rear strut bolt will tear a rear bag.. (Again, this is from a bad install or bad clearance issue). My all seasons have been on the car 2 years and still going strong with over 1000+ dumps on air. You can still align your car.. and yes you will be wearing threw tires in the long run.. Considering a good air-ride system including air management, install, and notch frame (optional on a mkv) will be around $3-$5K for a good setup, and I'm being fair on the costs, then tires shouldn't be a big concern.

It's just like anything else.. you get what you pay for.. and how you take care of it and maintain things will make it last long with no issues, or cause you headaches.

If you do air, do it because you want it.. not because it's cool :thumbsup:

Alexvr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI(GONE) 09 GTI
There are so many factors to your questions...And you will hear a million and one different opinions...

If you purchase good products and don't cheap out on materials you will be "less" prone to leaks..there is no such thing as a perfect setup! (It's air, so there is up-keep, but nothing you can't do if you do some research and you are mechanically inclined). Blow outs typically occur from a bad installation.. Typically the bag will rub on a tire up front or the rear strut bolt will tear a rear bag.. (Again, this is from a bad install or bad clearance issue). My all seasons have been on the car 2 years and still going strong with over 1000+ dumps on air. You can still align your car.. and yes you will be wearing threw tires in the long run.. Considering a good air-ride system including air management, install, and notch frame (optional on a mkv) will be around $3-$5K for a good setup, and I'm being fair on the costs, then tires shouldn't be a big concern.

It's just like anything else.. you get what you pay for.. and how you take care of it and maintain things will make it last long with no issues, or cause you headaches.

If you do air, do it because you want it.. not because it's cool :thumbsup:

Amen to that:biggrin:, yea its what i need, i love low yet dont want to be limited in places to go...what kit would you consider? thanks kevin!!

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Amen to that:biggrin:, yea its what i need, i love low yet dont want to be limited in places to go...what kit would you consider? thanks kevin!!

I wouldn't suggest a kit. I would suggest getting things different places and setting it up how you want it. If your looking to build on a budget why not do a 7 switch and gauges? Easystreet has been good to me, but sometimes I'm not so sure how exact the digital gauges are. I have the Easystreet manifolds too and no leaks to speak of, no rubs to speak of, and tires wearinh good so far. Actually a little bit more comfortable a ride.

My ride height is in the 22.5" range. Roads here kind of suck.