GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 vs. 335i *Includes with pretty illustrations!*

atombomb33

Ready to race!
Bro I never said that my GTI was faster than a 335, actually I would love to own one and am in no way VWcentric in my opinions. And as I as well as others have said, "street" racing is what it is, if this were on a drag strip obviously it is bullshit, if this were against a ferrari, obviously this would be bullshit, but it wasn't. It was against a car with 50 more HP, same TQ and if I'm not mistaken heavier...another point I will add is that I'm not a top fuel drag racing guru, nor would I ever compare to Jeff Gordon on the track, and I'm 99% sure the other guy in the 335 wasn't either, it was just a couple of guys with a heavy foot, I just don't get whats so improbable about there stories.

I think wee need to set up a show...called MKVbusters, to refute everyones BS on here

Did you even read your own bullshit you posted in the first post? You wholeheartedly believed that your car was faster. Now, you're not so sure? Which is it?

Call it for what it was. You caught up to someone who wasn't racing. That's all. Rather than trying to brag about how you were faster than a 335.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
Did you even read your own bullshit you posted in the first post? You wholeheartedly believed that your car was faster. Now, you're not so sure? Which is it?

Call it for what it was. You caught up to someone who wasn't racing. That's all. Rather than trying to brag about how you were faster than a 335.

Tell me where it says that i stated my car was "faster." You wont, because I didn't ever say that, i said its possible to KEEP UP. And I never changed my story at all, I'm justifying my reasoning for the legitimacy of what I said. And to be completely honest, I would not have spend 45 minutes in illustrator editing those pics to come up with some bullshit story.

Bottom line, what I said happened ACTUALLY happened whether it "technically" should have or not, so get the fuck over it.

atombomb33

Ready to race!
Tell me where it says that i stated my car was "faster." You wont, because I didn't ever say that, i said its possible to KEEP UP. And I never changed my story at all, I'm justifying my reasoning for the legitimacy of what I said. And to be completely honest, I would not have spend 45 minutes in illustrator editing those pics to come up with some bullshit story.

Bottom line, what I said happened ACTUALLY happened whether it "technically" should have or not, so get the fuck over it.

No, you never used the word "faster" but did you not talk about 5 cars, down to 3 cars, down to 1 car, down to close enough to his bumper so you could have tapped him. Want to know what you're saying there? It means you're saying your car was faster.

Like I said, call it for what it is. He wasn't trying. Plain and simple. Get over your little dream world...come back to reality. It's fun. I promise :thumbsup:

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
ok he wasn't trying you win

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
So, you're paper racing and have never done this race.

And, by the way, launch doesn't affect trap speed :thumbsup:

I've raced three different stage 1 GTIs (all APR). It's not even close from any roll. From a dig it's just really unfair since I know how to launch (can cut 1.7 60' with stock tires).

Stock Evo X >>> stage 1 GTI
Stock Evo X = stage 2 GTI (driver's race)
Stock Evo X < stage 2+ GTI (slight edge to the GTI here)
Stock Evo X < stock 335i (manual; auto will lose)

if by paper race you mean comparing actual peoples' results who have raced... then sure. also, although the actual millisecond of "launching" might not affect your trap speed, the tire spinning for the first 20 ft or so will. it won't extremely affect it, but the difference might be 1-2 mph depending on actual situation.

also, stg II GTI is not >>> STG I GTI. it's faster, yes, but not insanely so like you're trying to paint things. so if STG II GTI = EVO X, at most STG I might be a bit slower from a roll.

D-Rick21

Ready to race!
Bro I never said that my GTI was faster than a 335, actually I would love to own one and am in no way VWcentric in my opinions. And as I as well as others have said, "street" racing is what it is, if this were on a drag strip obviously it is bullshit, if this were against a ferrari, obviously this would be bullshit, but it wasn't. It was against a car with 50 more HP, same TQ and if I'm not mistaken heavier...another point I will add is that I'm not a top fuel drag racing guru, nor would I ever compare to Jeff Gordon on the track, and I'm 99% sure the other guy in the 335 wasn't either, it was just a couple of guys with a heavy foot, I just don't get whats so improbable about there stories.

I think wee need to set up a show...called MKVbusters, to refute everyones BS on here

but also, the 335i will actually make power to redline compared to your gti. Peak power and torque are certainly not everything when it comes to "how fast" a car is.

Last edited:

atombomb33

Ready to race!
if by paper race you mean comparing actual peoples' results who have raced... then sure. also, although the actual millisecond of "launching" might not affect your trap speed, the tire spinning for the first 20 ft or so will. it won't extremely affect it, but the difference might be 1-2 mph depending on actual situation.

also, stg II GTI is not >>> STG I GTI. it's faster, yes, but not insanely so like you're trying to paint things. so if STG II GTI = EVO X, at most STG I might be a bit slower from a roll.

Stop talking about drag racing. You don't understand it and it shows. You've also never made a pass at a strip. So, just stop.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
I think my all time favorite part of this entire forum is that everyone sticks together like a big brotherhood and will unanimously unite in times of desperation against outside troll-hater douches!