GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 vs. 335i *Includes with pretty illustrations!*

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
This actually happened a while ago but I thought I'd share, and to bolster my testimony I thought I'd get a little creative with google maps since I don't have a vid.

So heres how it went down:

My friend and I were traveling further down on road A(got cut off), during the night, and behind me a see this asshole fly up on me. We're minding our own business just relaxing, obeying the speed limit and not trying to get pulled over. This guy with his really annoying halo HIDS obnoxiously glaring in my face is either a BMW or...a ricer. So I get to the stop sign at B and out of no where this guy with an obviously overinflated perception of his testicle size, thinking that this apparently futile GTI's driver is a pussy and could never keep up with his ultimately superior driving machine, decides to pass me(Image 2). I pull away from the stop sign as he's passing me, I'm in 2nd around 4k RPM, completely calm intending to shift into 3rd and just verbally assault the guy, but I sense my friend glancing over at me. Needless to say he gives me the "Lets go fuck shit up" look. I mash the gas, at this point I'm about 3 car lengths away from this guy going up the hill after the stop sign at B and heading towards the straight at C. I get up on this guys ass right at the top of the hill, he sees me and stomps on, at this point its basically a full on "backroad tailgating race," I'm sure you guys have had a few(Image 3). I start closing in on him little by little, 2 car lengths, 1 car length, 5 feet, 4 feet, got up to about a foot, probably could have tapped his bumper but there was a car ahead obeying the 55mph speed limit, and we were doing about 90mph at that point, so we both backed off.

So thats my story of how our GTI's CAN keep up with 335's, contrary to the pen and paper prediction and what 90% of people think on here. Anyway's, hope you enjoyed; the end.

Brawly

GTI in training
Car(s)
Black Magic GTI MKV
The twin turboed? I highly doubt that. I drove my dad's 08 335i, just by touching that pedal when cruising on the freeway, I can just sense of how much more my stage 1 revo would get raped by it.

a1234567390

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 MKV
the pictures makes the story sound so legit! haha

UberJAY

Go Kart Champion
yeah if were talking about the TT there is truly no way you gained on him.. even if hes a horrible driver, all he has to do is stomp the petal. those things go. but cool story and nice pics

reillyse

Go Kart Champion
yeah if were talking about the TT there is truly no way you gained on him.. even if hes a horrible driver, all he has to do is stomp the petal. those things go. but cool story and nice pics

Agreed, I have driven a 135i and there is no way my Stage 1 TSI would have kept up(now that I am Stage 2 though i wanna try:biggrin:). Maybe the guy wasnt in the right gear?

As far as the way you guys raced, honestly I am all about street racing, however I was sitting shotgun in my own car when I was Stage 1 and my buddy was pulling on a Mustang GT (03 or so) from behind and the guy hit his brakes pretty hard. It was scary as shit!!!!! He hasnt driven my car since and I wouldnt race anyone in that fashion again after witnessing that, only side by side for me. JMHO.

Phikes

Stay Metal
Car(s)
MkV R32
Agree with the rest. 135i FTW. If you did pull on him it's because he wasn't taking it seriously at all and just baiting you.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
haha I think he was pretty serious, I don't know how or why what happened, happened but it did. There are a few others on here telling the same frustrating story with no believers just want someone to catch it on tape one day.

It could also be the engine model. I remember seeing on some BMW threads that there were different engines in the 335's maybe theres a certain year thats slower than others?

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
I love ignorant people. Note how he was on a back road and since 90% of people cant drive for shit, how is this not plausible. I'm so sick of people calling BS on these threads, you think people just make shit up to post on here? This isnt racing on paper, you people need to get that straight.

HoopaChalupa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 CW GTi
I love ignorant people. Note how he was on a back road and since 90% of people cant drive for shit, how is this not plausible. I'm so sick of people calling BS on these threads, you think people just make shit up to post on here? This isnt racing on paper, you people need to get that straight.

meh to a point i agree with you, street racing a lot of stuff can happen and ive raced cars that should beat me hands down but for what ever reason i won so i know what its like to have no one believe me.

for a straight up race though, my brother's 07 335i beat my stg2 mkv and all he had was some intake scoops and painted calipers.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Then your brother can drive his ass off, FWD has the advantage in a roll race.

HoopaChalupa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 CW GTi
Then your brother can drive his ass off, FWD has the advantage in a roll race.

never said it was only from a roll, also my car isnt exactly setup for street racing anymore.
we did go off a roll and i was able to hang for a while but i could tell he would start to pull away... either way win is a win.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
HoopaChalupa said:
either way win is a win.

"Winning is winning, dont matter if its by an inch or a mile, ask any racer, any real racer"

word.

i agree with taste of ink, paper is garbage talk, the STREET tells it all, thats why its called STREET RACING, with all variables considered, there is only two outcomes, a win or a loss, and anything can happen.

anyway COOL STORY BRAH!

Last edited:

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
LBV, you going to Pacha tonight for Guetta?