GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 1

godsten

Ready to race!
Hey all, I had this in the entertainment area but figured i'd try in here as well. I got flashed APR Stage 1 a week ago and since then the photo is what my Dice ipod integration has looked like no matter what buttons I hit or what I do. It is connected through the Sat radio if that matters. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and knows what to do. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:

godsten

Ready to race!
what do you mean WTF? I figured since the ECU was flashed something might have changed in the way the Dice Ipod connector connects to or communicates with the stereo. I was just curious if anyone else who has been flashed, by any company really, with a Dice Ipod connector has had the same issue and what they did to fix it. It looks as if the dice is frozen but I am unsure of how to force restart it or if there is another way to fix it. Perhaps it will not work anymore, IDK. The flash btw is bad ass, should have done it last year.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I saw that mentioned a couple of weeks ago, some who got the APR trial ran into it. The APR programming protects itself against being read out of the ECU, and that messes up the Dice adapter.

godsten

Ready to race!
PRND[S] said:
I saw that mentioned a couple of weeks ago, some who got the APR trial ran into it. The APR programming protects itself against being read out of the ECU, and that messes up the Dice adapter.

That's not good news. I love stage 1 more then the dice but it was great for road trips. Anyone find a way to make it work or am I SOL. I guess i can find the radio fuse that might work. Worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godsten

Ready to race!
Nobody knows? I figured one of the APR boys might say something about why its not working. Maybe I'll give them a call when I get a chance. If I find anything out I'll post it up here.

gmakdaddy

Yummy
Car(s)
Red 4 Door
Can't you just reset your preset stations to 1 to 6? When I got my Dice the numbers were all over. I reset them and have never looked back. I have the same setup with no issues.

godsten

Ready to race!
it's not the wierd numbers it is the facted that it is locked up. It allways displays that text you see there, no matter what. Called APR they said it shouldn't be an issue so I am going to try and unplug it and see if that helps.

what do you mean WTF? I figured since the ECU was flashed something might have changed in the way the Dice Ipod connector connects to or communicates with the stereo. I was just curious if anyone else who has been flashed, by any company really, with a Dice Ipod connector has had the same issue and what they did to fix it. It looks as if the dice is frozen but I am unsure of how to force restart it or if there is another way to fix it. Perhaps it will not work anymore, IDK. The flash btw is bad ass, should have done it last year.

I mean, that's crazy.

godsten

Ready to race!
Apparently the proccess of flashing the car somehow froze the Dice unit. I unplugged the little black box thing for a minute or so replugged it back in and presto chango it works :happyanim: It appears all that was needed was restart and since the radio is always powered it has to be done the hard way.