GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New car

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
^ totally. i had my dad cosign on my loan just so i could get the 0% from VW. why throw money away to interest if you can use it to buy go fast goodies? :thumbup:

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
i think he is highly considering a civic. Thats what he told me after visiting some dealerships. Its a lot nicer than a corolla, they are pretty indestructible and honda has some pretty good deals right now also.

Gaffer

wannabe GTI owner
So my dad got into an accident and the insurance company told us today that his car (corolla) is totaled. So he needs a new car now. He's going to be looking probably at $20,000 or lower. He drives a 100 miles a day for work so he needs good MPG. Reliability is pretty important. Soo any suggestions to new cars out there?

I was thinking the Hyundai Sonata GLS with just the auto option. Puts it right at the 20k mark. I gotta admit this car looks pretty good. And it gets 25 city and 34 hwy which is not bad. Other cars to consider is a corolla again, and a civic.

What do you guys suggest?

Also does anyone know the reliability of Hyundai's. I dont know to much about them.

I just looked at Autotrader USA and seen several Jetta TDI's for under $20,000. they'll get 45mpg city, 55mpg highway which will be perfect for the amount of mileage your dad does. All you have to do is twist his arm into VW's!:thumbsup:

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
I just looked at Autotrader USA and seen several Jetta TDI's for under $20,000. they'll get 45mpg city, 55mpg highway which will be perfect for the amount of mileage your dad does. All you have to do is twist his arm into VW's!:thumbsup:

Haha trust me I would wish we can get a german car in our garage, im tired of these japanese cars haha. I know my first car will most likely be a euro, or well the only japanese i'd be considering would be a subie.

Soo my dad talked to dealers and he is able to get a civic EX for $17500 with 1.9% for 5 years or .9% for 3, while his other option he looked at is a Corolla s for $17000 with 0%apr. Im telling him to go with the civic and i think he will.

Haha for me the perfect car buy would be a 10 GTI :happyanim:

Only if he had the same passion for these euros as I do.

tristatemkV

Ready to race!
So my dad got into an accident and the insurance company told us today that his car (corolla) is totaled. So he needs a new car now. He's going to be looking probably at $20,000 or lower. He drives a 100 miles a day for work so he needs good MPG. Reliability is pretty important. Soo any suggestions to new cars out there?

I was thinking the Hyundai Sonata GLS with just the auto option. Puts it right at the 20k mark. I gotta admit this car looks pretty good. And it gets 25 city and 34 hwy which is not bad. Other cars to consider is a corolla again, and a civic.

What do you guys suggest?

Also does anyone know the reliability of Hyundai's. I dont know to much about them.

ford mustang v6 = $22k, 305hp, 31 mpg - Video

Last edited:

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
Cant lease since my dad drives to much. Soo it looks more likely that my dad will get the corolla. The deciding factor is the great deal he is getting, plus the layout of the interior is nicer than the civic, but not as nice of a quality feel from some things.

We started looking at the prius when we were at the toyota dealership but the prius doesnt get the same incentives as the other toyota models, which i thought was weird since i thought the 0% was through the whole toyota lineup.