GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G37 vs Stage 2 GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

atombomb33

Ready to race!
Really ignorance? The fact that my car has a steering system that compensates for external forces is....not due to the autobahn? The fact that it is made using laser welding...does not make it more rigid and prevent from splitting in an accident? Do my heavy duty door hinges...not keep the door from coming into my kidneys when hut in the side? Is stability control as a standard feature a marketing ploy, eventhough it's expensive and they DON'T ADVERTISE?

Europe has THE highest safety standard in the world. The jetta sacrificed having 5 stars front crash american rating in order to deliver real safety at high speeds. The test is bogus and basically shows that at low speeds the front doesn't crumple as much as IHS wants it to. No shit it doesn't crumple! It is more stiff to save your life at higher more realistic speeds.

Mercedes (german) and Volvo (swedes) even take arial shots of fatal crashes in their cars to further research how to improve even more on safety.

This ignorant man will do something useful now. I'll check in later.

You do realize that Acura is rated the safest manufacturer for their full line of vehicles :thumbsup:

lextildeath

Ready to race!
You do realize that Acura is rated the safest manufacturer for their full line of vehicles :thumbsup:

I can find the cost of a product to be $30 per unit using process costing. I can then find the same product to cost $20 per unit using variable costing, and vice versa.

The point is different methods of evaluating something will yield different results. For the truly ignorant, one report is good enough. I like to touch and feel. If one house is made of sheet metal and one of stone, the government can say the sheet metal house is sturdier based on a standardized formula. Some will believe it. I on the other hand, would say hmm brick is a sturdier material.

Last edited:

lextildeath

Ready to race!
Racist much?

Considering my girlfriend who I will likely marry when I have more money is Asian, I would say zero racism here. Oh and for good measure my best friend is black. And, I'm Italian.

My girl has squinty eyes. Fact. Racism would be hating some one for having squinty eyes and I don't.

You haven't given any facts. Just your opinion.

I gave many facts. Yes, I gave opinions too. You won't win against me ever. I did not say anything that out of line. And one thing I did say is I have respect, both for opposing people and opposing cars. I am not arrogant and not here to hate.:cool:

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Please. All this sh*t stems from the fact that Rev's daily driver is faster than 99% of peoples stock turbo cars here.

QFT.

Yeah I'm tired of the mother fucker too.
Thinking that having a faster car means a better car is equal to thinking your girlfriend having a better job means she is a better catch.

Tired of me? I don't even know who you are guy.

And who said I think I have a better car because it's faster? Don't put words in my mouth. The car we're talking about here is a daily driver. It's my slower car of the two I own. Trust me I understand it's not even close to anything remotely fast. Nor do I think it's the best car out there. How about you leave my opinions to me before you think on my behalf next time.

Even comparing a stock gti to a stock 370z etc. is not fair. They are different cars in different categories. Think of what Germany offers vs what japan offers. Germany has the autobahn. Our cars are meant for 1) high speed safety 2)high speed stability. End of story. They are "engineered" and not thrown together to fill a niche in the market.

Japanese cars are like bicyles at walmart - huffy, etc. There's a shit load of them plus they look like quality, but they are thrown together and inferior.

There are exceptions to Japanese cars not being engineered. For example, nissan engineered the gtr on the nurburgring. Koreans at hyundai reverse engineered the genesis coupe to be stiffer than an e46 M3. This means they know Germans make better driving machines - ultimate ones in fact.

I also wanna throw in the 370z has nice lines and proportions but the head and tail lights are as squinty as any Japanese man woman or child I have ever seen.

The g37 coupe is big and has a sleek roofline but no other lines. It looks like a grandpa car minus two doors. It lacks laser welding, especially in the roof. It may have an LSD. It may have what qualifies as leather. It still looks like a hibachi chef to me. >)

335i is way more car. Handsome as any European, and the look won't ever be outdated.

S200 I think looks nice year after year but lacks power considering you give up 2 seats, trunk room, and practicality.

And yes I have a jetta because I can't afford a $40+k car now. But if I did I would get a 335i. And then I would post on bmw forums and not toyota forums saying how awesome my car is.

True our cars aren't re fastest, but when we lose we are comforted by our cars being superbly engineered.

:bellyroll: Wow you're ignorant. Guy, we're talking about GTI's here. What exactly do you mean when you say what Germany has to offer? We're not talking about $85,000 M5's, Porsche GT's or AMG Mercedes-Benz's that were built with speed in mind. We're talking about the Volkswagen GTI and how it compares to Z's and G's.

Or were you just rambling off on your own thought?

1) You live in America, no? 2) You drive a Jetta, no? What exactly is it about you Jetta that is "meant for high speeds"? :lol:

And I guess the Z and G's were never "engineered" either. That's just something you'll only find German car companies doing these days, huh? :lol:You should hear yourself.

Your thoughts on certain lines and cars lacking power is an opinion. Yes, you are entitled to your own. But it is nothing more then that. An opinion. None of these statements are facts. All of those said cars can have valid arguments made for or against them in the looks and performance department.

I must say though, kind of ironic hearing a guy driving a car that comes with 200chp complaining about certain cars that lack power. The S2000 you complain about happens to excel at something other then just straight line racing. You know, some people actually care about going around a corner faster then others. And for what it is, the S2000 is a great car anyway you look at it.

So now that YOU are the one bringing 'quality' into the conversation. Please enlighten me what 'quality' feature exactly your Jetta has that my G or someone else's Z wouldn't have. Or better yet, what kind of engineering your car posses that you won't find inside one of the Nissans?

my generalizations are because im an asshole...not a retard

QFT

:biggrin:

Bucko86

Ready to race!
nice car, im glad you are proud of your machine as i am proud of mine.... id pick a VW any day over a infinity, just for my reasons in which i favor German cars more now... its just a personal choice just like you took your infinity.. and ive had a line of cars to pick from when i bought my mkv, evo mr, wrx, and the G35.... anyhow grats on your ride.. one of my friends has it in white, and its sexy car..

Lucidity

Marx

Daishi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 GLI Manual
get intakes, test pipes and exhaust and osirus if they make it yet for the vhr and id love to run ya

they make osiris but its not that great yet they just started the tuning process.

ajt23

Banned
Wow yet another worthless VS thread.

In the OP Rev even said this wasnt a real race. So why even post it in here. Its obvious he posted it in here so he could get a rise out of some of you and turn it into a G37 vs MKV discussion like he did with his G35.

Sorry Rev dont know you or have any personal ill feelings towards you but all the shit talkin you get is deserved. I would be treated the same on a honda forum or any other manufactors forum if I went in and made similar post as you.

MKV_09

09 TSI

In the OP Rev even said this wasnt a real race. So why even post it in here. Its obvious he posted it in here so he could get a rise out of some of you and turn it into a G37 vs MKV discussion like he did with his G35.

Sorry Rev dont know you or have any personal ill feelings towards you but all the shit talkin you get is deserved. I would be treated the same on a honda forum or any other manufactors forum if I went in and made similar post as you.

Exactly my feelings that I tried to express in previous post!!

Rev2Ten-K

Banned

I actually started this thread to get some of the local stage 2 or stage 2+ guys to come out for a little fun. I stated this in my original post I wanted to see how my new car does against more such 'staged' cars.

And to me it wasn't a real race considering what I usually race to. But it was still an encounter. It was still my car VS his car. The fact that it was only from 50-100mph doesn't change that. Take it for what it's worth.

Only differnece between me and some of you is I can handle all the shit talking. :wink:

ajt23

Banned
OK whatever the response is what I expected from you anyway.
If you want to call out some Stage 2 cars take out an add in your local newspaper.

I guess you are superbad since you can handle shit talkin on the internet.

And sorry Vin I guess some of "us" tend to forget how much of a badass racer you are and all of your hardcore races you've been involved in. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.