GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G37 vs Stage 2 GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
So I just picked up a new 6 speed G37 sport last week and have been itchin' to get on it and open her up a little bit. I like to take it easy the first few hundred miles other then a short pull here and there to help seal my piston rings, but last night I was driving next to a good friend of mine in his stage 2+ GTI and we decided to play around a little bit. No 'real' race or anything, just a 'put it in 3rd ~ 50 and step down'.

Well, I must say I was pretty impressed with the new G. The VQ37HR motor feels like it has so much more torque down in the lower rpm then my G35 did. A low rpm roll use to be where any GTI (even a stage1) would just have too much punch for me and jump out a good car or 2 before I could even stop their momentum. Well this wasn't the case last night. The GTI did have the initial advantage, but before he could even get out 1/2 a car I had already stopped his momentum, and shortly there after was on my way by him. I didn't shift to 4th, I just let off, so it wasn't a real long run or anything. My 3rd gear goes to about 97-99mph. So from 50-95ish I managed to pull more then a full car from a LOW 3rd gear roll. My boy was like holy shit.

So I was wondering if any of the local stage 2 (or even stage 2+) guys would be down for some fun?? If you are, hit me up!

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Looks like you got yourself a fun new toy. No experiences with the g37's yet, but at the local strip there has been a 370 running there for a couple months. He first started out in low 14's with 100-101 traps speeds, but the last two weeks he’s been stripping the interior and finally he’s able to pull off 13.8's in 102-104 trap speeds area. I talked to him for little bit and he thinks with a more seat time he could break the mid 13's, but after that he said DR's and modifications would be required to improve his times.

enjoy your ride and keep us updated on your progress.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Looks like you got yourself a fun new toy. No experiences with the g37's yet, but at the local strip there has been a 370 running there for a couple months. He first started out in low 14's with 100-101 traps speeds, but the last two weeks he’s been stripping the interior and finally he’s able to pull off 13.8's in 102-104 trap speeds area. I talked to him for little bit and he thinks with a more seat time he could break the mid 13's, but after that he said DR's and modifications would be required to improve his times.

enjoy your ride and keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks man. :thumbsup:

What track are you guys running at? Curious because the new 370Z's have gone much quicker then that. Those times seem like what most of the older models would pull with a pretty good driver behind the wheel.

I went to the track 3 weeks ago when we got a slight 'cool' front come through down here in south Fla (cool to us is like 65 lol). My buddy brought out his 2 month old 370z for the 1st time and was running 13.3 and 13.4's@105 and 106mph by the end of the night. I mean even his 1st run ever in that car at the track was a 13.7.

Not to magazine race, but I've seen them as low as 13.0@108 completely stock.

And if you took a peek at the 'quickest stock' list on the Z forums, the fastest verified time is 12.9! And he's on stock Potenzas.

332chp but puts down ~ 285-290rwhp and weighs 3250lbs - Definitely should be a low 13 second car. I mean even the G37 has gone 13.3@106 and it has close to 200lbs more of weight.

Maybe these were just a product of a great track on a great night. But there's a bunch of these low 13 second E.T's popping up.

I gotta get this car to the track.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
I'd be down for a run if you come up here for fixxfest this year.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
What track are you guys running at? Curious because the new 370Z's have gone much quicker then that. Those times seem like what most of the older models would pull with a pretty good driver behind the wheel.
Mason Dixon Dragway in Maryland

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
I'd love to run up at Bradenton again! The fastest times I've ever run was at that track (and a bunch of people I know for that matter). But I doubt I'm going up there this year. I was pretty disapointed last year sitting there watching GTI after GTI after jetta run in the 14's after 14's. Plus not being able to run my car sucked. Remember I was telling you I might have seen 5 GTI's break into the 13's out of all the cars that were there that day? I was surprised to say the least. But probably too far out of my way.

If you ever go to PBIR I'd be down to meet up with you.:wink: I think I'm going to be goin' either this or next week.

returnofcc

Terrible Driver
Weren't you getting the z? What changed your mind?

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
Weren't you getting the z? What changed your mind?

The fact that I could get a fully loaded $41,000 G37s for the same price as the $32,000 Z! :wink:

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
ib4tl

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
Car(s)
GTI MKV
My friend just got a new g37 S, but he is probably the worst driver in the state. I stayed next to him from 20-80 in a stock GTI.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
ur friends gti is garbage, or he cant drive!

Yeah, 1 gear with no shifting but yet he can't drive. lol. That GTI trapped at 104mph if you care to cry some more. But let me guess. That didn't really happen huh?

I think the only thing worse then magazine racing is 'youtube' racing where most of the time you have no idea who, what, how, where, or when anything happened. Are you just going to magazine race, and post youtube videos? Because I can do the same with 13.0 and 13.3 1/4 mile times for the new Z and new G.

Or is someone going to step up to the plate and race. I'm not 100% sure myself either. That's why I want to find out first hand.

Stop being a bitch rysskii3. I know it's hard for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.