GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Camaro SS Official STATS!

sleeks

Ready to race!
I have had 7 LSX cars. Four LS1 F bodies an LS1 Corvette an LS6 Z06 and a LS3 vette. I have modded all my cars and dyno'd every single car and raced every car. That is certainly NOT a normal trap speed for a stock LS1 F body. That is 2001 C5 385hp Z06 territory. The 98-2002 LS1 F bodies generally made around 290-310rwhp and trapped anywhere from 104-108mph usually.

That time you described is either a factory freak or a car with some mods that the owner claimed was "stock" None the less trust me it is not the norm for those cars and to say the cars performance went backwards is simply not true. This new SS is certainly not a lot faster than the 4th gen cars but is it def not slower either.

I had two LS1 powered camaros....

99 z28 @305hp consistent 13.3@104 (no mods unless you consider a K&N n filter with factory intake a mod)

02 SS @ 345hp 12.9 -13.0 consistently. Forget what it trapped as I was only on the track with it one time (two passes). I didn't have a helmet and got booted. I'll try to dig up time slips but this was like 6 years ago. No mods, still even used the factory filter.

The HP kept on going up during the LS1 F-body lifetime. My 02 had an optional SLP intake and exhaust package that yielded the 345hp. Anyway, I can see 12.9 from the factory. You have to remember the last generation was what 400? pounds lighter than the new ones. That will make up for some if not all of the HP difference. I forget the calculation to convert the weight into approx. HP.
________
Ad platform

Last edited:

08 VdUb WABBIT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW RABBIT 2.5 S
The only American car i'd buy is Dodge Challenger:drool: or Dodge Charger:bow:

Now that Chrysler is partners with Fiat.I'm all about them

ALFA's are coming :)

no limits

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTi
New camero is trapping 111 in cold weather and if you watch some videos they say that the weather is not helping and all the reviews that are out were done at the same location. So I think that it will preform mutch better after its tested out in better condiation.

I wont say that previous ss model couldnt hit 112 trap but that is a freak and with some new camaro freaks they will trap much higher.

I think GM did a great job with this Camaro and it will preform really good.
The suspension is fully adjustable and u can have a lot of preformace out of the stock suspension.

Turbostream

Go Kart Champion
Im trading my GTI in a month to get the 2SS with the RS package, can't wait, Hope you get one too!!

i was thinking about the 2SS camaro myself but ive decided my next car is a Corvette C6. i can get a used one with 10k miles on it for $33k same price as a 2 SS.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I don't like sloppy lazy cars. I think Chevy waited too long to launch a pony car and they should have been putting all their hype into the Saturn Astra Red Line... but that's built in Germany so maybe I'm just extremely partial to european cars. If I had 33k to drop on a car I'd be thinking BMW or audi

Joeyelbows

Burnout??? what burnout?
Car(s)
04 GTO
Its a nice looking car and i think chevy did a great job with it. that being said at my work we have a our first SS. The backseats are useless unless your under 5'0 plus its a bitch to even get back there. The performance of the SS I like but its too damn quiet. the V6 had more of a rumble!!! The steering wheel is awkard. instead of being a round rim its almost oval shape and the paddle shifters are in a awkward spot. In my opinion its not worth the money dealers are asking for it. the one we got is going for 46K. I'll just keep my GTI and GTO. GTI for DD and work the balls out of the GTO.

utekineir

Banned
Saw one at a dealer today.

Salesman was a nice guy but was running off at the mouth with typical salesman drivel. First saying the used a3 they had there was fast, then agreeing that it wasn't, then saying the new camaro was a huge evolution from the gto. Then agreeing that it was only about 20 hp more and a similar weight. I love salesmen that assume you know nothing and dick.

Nice looking car though, but I wouldn't want one.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
My next car will be a C6 Z06.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
thats a big ass jump lol. i hear people tell me its a huge jump going from a GTI to a C6. but i have decided that Vette is the way to go if u want american:bow:
Well by the time I get a Z06, my GTI will probably be big turbo'd but yeah, it is a pretty big jump :thumbsup: But I LOOOOVE Vettes and I plan on keeping my MkV as a DD for as long as possible!

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
My next car will be a C6 Z06.

I just went from a GTI to a Shelby Cobra GT500. Now, that's a change! :smile:

I thought really hard about a Corvette, and there is a very nice 2006 C6 Z06 with 9K miles on it at the local dealership. I came this -><- close to buying it before buying the GT500. End of model year deal meant I got a better price on the new 2009 GT500 than the Chevy dealer was offering on the used Z06 though.

They're different cars, and appeal to different people. The Corvette is definitely more stylish and refined, but I wanted more of a muscle car than a sports car. That's just me though.