GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Ouch, that sucks some hard balls for sure. Driver ok?

Yeah he was fine. What's even better is after we fixed it we rebuilt the engine since it had quite a few hours on it and the brand new build blew up 2 laps in to practice. :mad0259:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Going to get rolling on my check list this weekend. Goal is to have the car prepped and ready to go at least 2 weeks before the shakedown towards the end of April.

Are you gonna be at Grid Life Road Atlanta again this year? Hyperfest @ VIR? Considering bringing out my 944, or maybe one of the 997's if I can get the team on board. :lol:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Are you gonna be at Grid Life Road Atlanta again this year? Hyperfest @ VIR? Considering bringing out my 944, or maybe one of the 997's if I can get the team on board. :lol:

I might be, it's kinda up in the air at the moment. I'm being very picky with the TA events I'm running, since I'm for sure missing 2 out of 7 I need to pick the tracks I'll be the fastest on for points sake. It's a 16+ hour haul and just expensive as shit overall. But it's definitely my new favorite track and theres a few guys from my team going. I'll know for sure once we get a little closer.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Which, Road Atlanta, or VIR? Both are awesome tracks.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Got some crazy shit going on and in my typical fashion and doing it 2 and a half weeks before the shakedown lol. Since the motor build and BT setup are on hold for now due to funds. I'm picking up a full HPA K04 and Intake manifold setup. Will be using parts of my engine build to round the kit off. Have the APR S3 injectors and RS4 FPRV to throw in at the same time. It wont make the power I want but it will be a good bridge build to the full race motor and BT. Starting to go through and finish up my pre season check list.

Probably the last picture of it like this.

Getting data req and lap timer ironed out.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Please please please get an accusump before you go out and add more power, especially with the power you're about to add.

Edit: Also a new fuse box lid :wink:

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Please please please get an accusump before you go out and add more power, especially with the power you're about to add.

Edit: Also a new fuse box lid :wink:

It's on the list and will go in with the new race motor. Going to run 1qt more than usual to hopefully help in high g turns for now, since I dont have a cat it should be fine.

Response to edit: The fuse box lid is literally the last thing I care about lol. It's not a show car.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
It's on the list and will go in with the new race motor. Going to run 1qt more than usual to hopefully help in high g turns for now, since I dont have a cat it should be fine.

Response to edit: The fuse box lid is literally the last thing I care about lol. It's not a show car.

Definitely do the accusump before a new engine. You don't want to blow the engine mid season and regret not spending a small amount on the accusump.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Do you already have an external oil cooler? If so it's like an hour install. Super easy.