GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My MKV GTI out at the track

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, just got back from a weekend at Buttonwillow. It was holy shit hot...not just hot. Car did get hot fairly quickly, even with running the heat as well as the little make shift sprayer on the front of the car using the rear windshield sprayer(wiper is deleted).

And of course of the car while I was out there.

I started out on the Kumho slicks and was getting used to them, as well as the track. Unfortunately I had a puncture on one of the tires at the end of Saturday. This left me using my daily wheels and tires...DW Extremes. Oh, also I could not get any pads quick enough so I had some yellow stuff pads I tossed on, and was very surprised how well they did. Nothing like the Carbotech pads I want to run, but they did alright. The DW's also did a killer job, but once we got passed the middle of the session they would get a bit greasy and were more difficult to use for anything other than some good sliding, which I did participate in...
Video to follow.

joesmkv

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh man that looks like a fun track!! What was that black car you were chasing?

Your intake temps are very high, how hot was it that day?

That was a Porsche Cayman. He was not terribly happy with not being able to pull away very much during the oval portion.

It was 98-100 degrees all day long :thumbdown: