GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suzuki GS550 resto-mod project

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
finished grinding the 550 case to accept the 650 cylinder jugs. ordered almost all necessary parts to assemble motor and have it running within a week or so if everything works out as planned. pics after i have the head and cylinders dipped and thrown on. opinions on engine colors? i was thinking something like...

ignore the john q public. i pulled the pic from the web

oldgreg

Hi, i've got a gs550 that i've been looking into modding with 650 barrels etc, how much did you have to grind / machine away from the upper case to get the larger sleeves to fit?

Any photos of the case after it had the work done?

Cheers, graeme.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Seperated the carb bodies today. I will be sending them out to be zinc plated this week. They're pretty grimy as-is. Also, ordered headers and a stage 3 jet kit today. Cyl head is at the machine shop because one of the intake manifold boot bolts decided to fall apart inside the head. Should have the motor ready to go by saturday.

Suzuki_Don

havent updated in a long time because i havent really had a place to work. engine is going back together. Im trying to do some creative math to figure out how much i can shave from the head to bump up the compression. it's currently 8.6:1= weaksauce

The compression ratio is 9.4:1 not 8.6. And you couldn't use the 550 carbs even if you wanted to, they will not physically bolt up to the 650 head. You will have to use BS series CV Mikuni carbs , 32mm with jetting from the "E" model, not the "G" model.

Where did you get your 1mm o/s pistons and rings from for the 650 cylinders.